i gave joelle a bath tonight. i've never bathed anyone before, it was fun. i like shampooing her hair. i envy her hooded towel. i'd like a hooded towel myself. i think i should make one. hm, that would be quite difficult. especially since i have a knack for breaking sewing machines, so i'd have to do it by hand.
tonight joy, tim and i had a candid conversation about weed. it was very interesting. i'd never told them that my last serious boyfriend (YEARS ago) was a huge pothead. they said nothing. i'm not sure if that surprised them, they never liked him. it was a difficult year. anyway, i divulged upon them my extensive drug knowledge that i acquired during that year long relationship. i've never smoked the pot myself, that's what makes it so ironic.
i have a secret. and it's really funny.
i folded my laundry on my balcony tonight at 11:30 p.m. the air was still and yet had substance. i was astonished to discover how well sound travels in the nighttime. i could hear the entire conversation of a couple walking down the street, that would never happen in the daytime. what is it about night that makes it so beautiful?
i planted parsley in my garden. i'm well on my way to a green-thumb.
it means nothing to me.
10 comments:
i loved my hooded towel when I was a kid. It was so ratty by the end of my childhood!
I had a drug dealing/smoking boyfriend in 1991 but never had anything to do with drugs myself as well. Looking back, I think what sort of an idiot was I? But I guess even drug dealers have their charms and I didn't see the danger.
what danger? yeah, just kidding.
i envy you your balcony. i just walked down to the school in shorts because i plan to do the exercise and didn't feel like changing. it was cold on the legs, i must say.
green-thumb my ass!
i think my mom took my hooded towel away from me too soon, because i've never gotten over it.
aphra, i would never have expected you to have a drug-using boyfriend. huh. funny.
wow, i don't envy that! you'll be home soon enough, hot and sweaty with the rest of us.
just you wait richka. you will be impressed by my greenery.
I have a pattern to knit a hooded towel, but it's a baby-sized one. Maybe you could adapt it for you.
Last night I went out for a walk with August at night to get him to sleep. I noticed that smell also seems to carry more at night. I could smell something wafting out of every house I went past - cigarette smoke, incense, cooking, things I couldn't name... There's something wonderful about being outside at night. It feels like the world is more alive somehow. During the day, most people are away at work. If they're in their houses you don't know it, but at night, people are home and you can see movement inside because of the lights being on. Everything feels magical.
it IS magical.
i also think it feels more private, and yet more intimate.
magic is the perfect word for it.
green thumb my ass!
ARGH! you're so infuriating sometimes!??!!! :p
wait! why would you need parsley? i thought you were more into cilantro!??
ps: i love you and everything you do...
you're right, i do prefer cilantro, but i'm not gonna turn down free parsley. i just won't use it in salsa.
i'm really hoping you'll like my garden. i sure do.
Post a Comment