we built our kitchen shelf unit! i'm very pleased. we worked very well together and assembly went smoothly. we got all the wood cut at rona, so we just had to screw it all together. it's nice having a custom shelf unit, because it will suit our needs perfectly. i've never designed a piece of furniture before. andrew gave us some very helpful coaching, i don't think we could've done it without him. i was telling b that it doesn't quite look like what i imagined, but that's because i see it as a dark brown unit in my head, and it's a light beige in real life. i can't stain it right now, so i'll just have to wait it out or get used to this subtle difference.
while we were at rona, i had a flash of horror when thinking of wood. we decided on spruce. as i sat there waiting for brendan, i got thinking about spruce. what did spruce look like? and i was reminded of the big blue spruce we had on our lawn when i was growing up. i felt momentarily horrified - lumber vegetarianism - and decided it was better to not think about what it used to be :Smelodie connected me with a study at queen's for first time parents. they want to interview us 3 times (1 time pre-baby, 2 times post-baby) about decision-making and what consumer products we've selected. i really like studies, and i'm happy to participate, but it also strikes me funny since we have very few consumer products. apparently melodie told the lady that we'll be an interesting case since our place is small. i'm ok with being the anomaly couple :)
i've started drinking red raspberry leaf tea, i heard about it at prenatal class. the box calls it a 'uterine tonic', saying it helps in child birth preparation. i quite like it. it tastes very rooty or twiggy. the box says to have 3 to 4 cups a day, but i'm a little worried that drinking that much of it might make me go into labour early. so i'm planning on just having one cup a day until i'm 36 weeks, then up my intake.
we've seen your capabilities.
2 comments:
I've heard that it's best to drink 1 cup/day in the first trimester, 2 in the second, 3 in the third. I aimed for that, but I never quite managed to drink that much. I mostly had it when I thought of it and felt like it.
Oh my goodness! Have you ever chosen the audio option for proving you're not a robot? I just did it and it was the funniest thing I've ever heard. I don't know how on earth anyone ever would be able to tell what the hell is being said.
Post a Comment