we drove past our old house on york street yesterday. our old landlord sold it within the last year, and my dad told me that the new owners had started major work on it. i told him "good, it needed serious work". our neighbours were interested in buying it, but i'd advised her against it since it was in need of serious repairs. that said, we were still surprised when we drove past it yesterday to see that it had been completely gutted and all that remained was the wood frame. it was kind of bittersweet. sweet because i feel that house deserves some TLC, but bitter that the home we knew and loved is gone, we can never return there again to see the secret spot in the closest where i'd written our names and the date. my maxi pad is no more.
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
1 comment:
I KNOW!!! I feel like that about my sweet little house I lived in for 12 years. There's a great family in there now but it's all painted and changed etc. Clearly not MY house any more.
Post a Comment