Thursday, June 16, 2016

discomfort that brings comfort

i've been having a lot of heartburn lately. it wakes me up in the night.
i have to pee almost constantly. that also wakes me up.
and i get leg cramps when I'm sleeping. (basically, I'm up at least 4 times a night)
I also feel tired a lot, and I can't really pick up eamon anymore because I don't have the energy.

but I'm also 29 weeks pregnant, and I know these ailments will be gone soon enough. they're just temporary, and I'm finding them easier to manage than last time.

I also have a very sore pelvis, which I've discovered is the ligaments in my pubic bone expanding. even though it's sore (and an ice pack only gives temporary relief), I'm very excited about it. unlike my other discomforts, this one is not familiar to me. I did not experience this with eamon. I'm hoping that this means that my body is preparing and adjusting to accommodate my baby's exit.

a few months ago, I actually came across a video explaining this pelvic soreness, and at the time, my heart sank a bit because I knew this had not happened with my first pregnancy. I didn't know the discomfort they were talking about, and I wondered if there was a connection to eamon getting stuck. maybe my pelvis didn't expand as it should have. I'm looking forward to seeing my chiropractor next week to talk about this with her and see how my pelvis adjusts. I'm also seeing my midwife again, because I'm up to appointments every 2 weeks :)

it's fun how much quicker things go the second time.

No comments: