Monday, December 11, 2017

garlic

my life feels very full these days. not in a bad way, and not in a time-poor way. it's a pace that I can manage. it's a slow, consistent pace, and one that is energizing rather than exhausting. come evening, I have a short window of time, that (when I'm lucky) I get to sit by the fire with Brendan, watching our latest show on Netflix. that said, partly the reason my days feel full is because I've been working on a website for a friend, and it's been dragging out. so often times I need to use my spare evening time making progress with that. thankfully, it's not due to complications on my side, but rather because of changes or content on their side of things. 

anyway, this is the most full my life has ever felt. my time is pretty much all allocated. it feels that I am not able to connect with friends as much as I'd like. its not that I feel disconnected, because I don't particularly. we all have our own lives, and our own stuff going on. I'm hopeful that we will have more time for one another in the next season or stage of life. maybe it's because I do have relationships forming through my work life, and through my presence at eamon's school. maybe this is what makes me feel different than in the past, I was isolated in my workplace and had no natural forming relationships to make me feel grounded. 

No comments: