Tuesday, November 06, 2007

rolodex

i just got home from the weakerthans concert. it was really fun. a big group of us went. ok well if you consider 6 people a big group then it was big. unintentionally, it turned out to be a small cross-section of storytellers anonymous people. al gave me a baggy full of buttons he made. they're really cool, i think he's completely blown my concept of button design out of the water. i'm totally set for cool buttons for the next eon.

i took a nap after from work, i didn't want to get tired at the concert or feel tired tomorrow from being sleep deprived. so i got into bed right when i arrived home at 5, i layed there in the dark for at least a half an hour before i fell asleep. i slept til 8. it wasn't a deep sleep, but it was restful. i think i may have even reached REM sleep.

i like to buy cds at concerts. i rarely buy cds, so i try to make it a policy to purchase them at concerts. because if i like the band enough to see them in concert then it's a safe bet i'll like their new cd, AND it makes the fact that i already downloaded a lot of their music obsolete, AND at 15 bux its a total bargain. when i pulled my new cd out of my vest pocket, i found that on the back they had a little cartoon of the b12, which was one the first snowmobile ever made. and of course, is a bombardier. check that out, isn't it hilarious!

after some serious reflection, i came to an important decision today. i am first and foremost a graphic designer, and secondly a bombardier employee. i'm afraid they're going to try and push me up the corporate ladder in directions i don't want to go. i think i need to make it clear that i'll leave bombardier before i leave design, because all these career goals they're trying to set for me are not what i have in mind. i think knickers is trying to "mentor" me in the only way she knows how, but if i start to clearly direct my own path i think she'd be happy with that. it'll pay to assert myself.

yup, i think my nap did the trick. i'm completely wired. but i suppose if i get into bed like i did at 5:00 earlier today, i'll eventually fall asleep. being in bed is restful even if i'm awake.

i'm unconsoled,
i'm lonely,
i am so much better than i used to be.

3 comments:

rab said...

Not that I want to date myself but I rode in one of those bombardier snowmobiles as a boy. It seemed ancient even then. In fact, that is my first memory of the name Bombardier. They had one at a winter camp I attended. (Could it have been camp Iawah?)

["Date myself." That's what the egotistic do: Date themselves.]

I love myself:
I think I'm grand.
I go to the movies
And hold my hand.
I put my arm around my waist
And when I get fresh,
I slap my face.

devious said...

rab is flexible!
whooo!

um.. lesleee.... if you have too many cool buttons in your little baggie, feel free to pass some along to we button-deprived hipsters (am i a hipster? anyway...) who live on the bleak frozen edge of nowhere.

ps i slashed my thumb and knuckle up today in two separate cooking accidents.

yelsel said...

hahaha. bob, you're hilarious.

sure thing beck! i'll send one or two you way soon!