i've been thinking about the word and concept of 'home' since rach's comment about feeling at home as soon as she arrived at her house on moving day. what makes a place feel like home? what makes one place feel differently than another. i mentioned to be that the exile won't feel like home at first, and he said it will still be good. it made me think about the times we've been on trips and stayed at different places and how it's fun and kind of exciting. even if it doesn't feel like home at first it will still be fun. that said though, i think it will. it's a brendan+lesley sized home. b says 'no one else could live there but us'. it will be little and it will be ours, and it will be wonderful :)
my heart is returned to sister winter.
1 comment:
I really feel like different buildings, especially houses, have different "spirits". Jase thinks I'm crazy, but I really believe it. And I tend to think that a house's spirit is shaped by people who have been there in the past and interactions that have taken place there. I think that what you bring into a house, as far as emotions, ideas and physical stuff also contributes.
Post a Comment