Tuesday, December 13, 2011

rebate

after last weeks fiasco with my long pants, i thought i should take advantage of my christmas shopping trip to the mall and drop of my pants at stitch-it for some hemming. since it's been several years since i had pants hemmed (due to my hatred for errands) i ended up taking 4 pairs of pants. clearly there was a backlog. they were supposed to be ready yesterday by 5, but when i went to get them they were next in line to be worked on, so i said i'd come back tonight. i'm very excited to have pants the right length. they'll be so much more comfortable!

i'm starting to feel weird about moving. it's not cold feet exactly, because i don't want to stay but now that moving day is so soon it's pretty overwhelming! like, we're going to be living in a new place, with new neighbours and new tenants (who have not acknowledged the polite note we left for them by sending us their email addresses). it's funny because i thought i've experienced all the possible waves of anxiety so i'm surprised by this - the moving in and getting settled part - since it's been the thing i've been looking forward to the most! i'm sure that when we arrive i won't look back. just like birthdays. i always feel weird about turning the new age, but when my birthday arrives it's totally great.

it's hard to believe that i'm turning 32 on saturday, i haven't given any thought to that at all. too much going on. i'm ok with that though, i think 32 is a good solid number. its a very whole sounding number. unlike 31 which seems a little off balance. a little bit not quite right. hey! it just occured to me that i will be 32 while b is 23 :) LIKE!

while i was sick in november i watched a movie called the extra man. ever since i've haven't been able to think of a christmas ball the same. i'm certain that from now on i'll always associate them with that movie and the strange thing is... i don't think anyone else has seen the film, nor would i suggest it (just a little dull, although kevin kline is great in it). it's both forget able and unforgettable at the same time. although, it inspired me to ask for a cloche hat for christmas.

did you google what a cloche hat is?

i bet you did.

didn't you... ;)


my friends
i've begun to worry
right where I should be grateful...
i should be satisfied.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

HA! I already know what a cloche hat is. :-)

Rachel said...

Thanks to Michelle, I didn't have to google cloche hat.

When we moved to Main St. I was desperate to move into town, but I still experienced the same sorts of anxiety about it. I found it especially hard to actually leave our old place once it had all been packed on the truck and I knew it'd be the last time I'd ever see the inside of it. I very nearly cried. But as soon as we stepped foot into 98, it felt so good and right and I felt right away that we were HOME.

yelsel said...

that's very reasurring rach. whenever i've visited (looked in the windows) our new house has felt like home. i'll just try to focus on that.

i get overwhelmed very easily, which detracts from the joys of this new step.

beckie said...

the week before a move, and usually the days of, is just plain hell. hate hate hate. it's just the emotion of the crapload of work that you're about to tunnel through. it'll be great once it's done!