Saturday, November 12, 2005

bamboo

hello there... i am lesley "snubber of acquaintances".

its so true. i was just downtown and i swear i saw at least 6 people i should have said "hi" to but i blatently ignored them. hmmm, i wonder why i do that. am i rude? or is that a shy part of me i haven't gotten over. i know its partly that i have a really good mind for faces, and i always assume that eventhough i know someone, it doesn't mean they know me. i remember once last spring i was at s&r and saw rhonda & isaac, and i totally avoided them. that seems so funny and ridiculous now since rhonda has become one of my closest friends. man, life is so strange. so if i don't know you very well, be prepared that i might snub you on the street. ahahaha ;)

it came to my attention this week that i have the MOTHER OF ALL COMPUTERS!!! not my MAC at home, but my computer at work (my PC - she says with ounces of shame). but seriously, considering its a PC its probably one of the best computers there ever was. hahahaha. that's funny, and slightly exaggerated. some guy at work the other day was asking me about compy because he wanted to know how it compared to his laptop. hahaha, I can't help but snicker at that even as i type. i didn't know the answers to his questions, the speed, ghz, ram etc. so later i checked and it was more than double what he had. get this... 100 gbs (only 3% left, so I need to buy an external hard drive with 200 gb), 3.75 RAM, and 3.06 something else (ghz maybe?? computer nerds... do you know??). its funny because i don't really understand what all that means. nor do i care. but i can't help but feel pride in my little compy. although, compy's not little. she weights at least 50 pounds, probably more and has two 21" monitors. i'm very nostaligically attached to compy, in the same way i was to my blade and ruler in college.

man, i feel like such a motor mouth lately. i just want to gab and gab. but i know there's no point because if this entry gets to be too long no one will read it. if the computer talk didn't already lose you. does anyone want to go out for coffee with me and let me talk their ear off?

well i'm going to see sarah slean tonight. i wonder if it would be inappropriate to bring my knitting. I just picked up some more wool so i'm all set.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, that's a ton of RAM (I only have 3.25GB)! But I beat you in the other categories. :)

yelsel said...

oh can you now??

Anonymous said...

I am usually the same way with aquaintances. Usually I don't approach them because I'll figure they'll have no idea who the hell I am :)

yelsel said...

i'm glad to know that i'm not the only person out there who has that instinct. laney, you're great!