i like living across the street from the memorial centre. its handy on election day. for some unknown reason i wasn't registered, i think i probably was at pine street, but i had to register at this address. when i was filling in the paperwork the man said to me "you probably weren't old enough at the last election..." and i told him "i'm 26". he was pretty shocked. it was funny. i didn't realize it, but i live in "williamsville". huh. interesting. that's my district. my dad lives near next church and that area is "king's town". hm. neato. or wait, is it "king city", i can't remember. i bumped into christopher currie there. when i saw him i started to laugh. he said in a way only christopher can "i don't know why this is funny, you know i live in this area". but it just was. he's a funny and yet odd guy.
i met up with irina at the goat. meghan showed up because she was meeting up with some friends. we also saw jason erb and a couple other people we knew it was funny. the goat. its the place to be! anyway, i had a really great time with irina. she has this new boyfriend, and she's so swooning over him right now and it's so cute. its really great to see her happy, and even greater knowing he's a super guy and worthy of her affections.
one cup of tea sometimes tastes better than another. why? i do not know.
so knickers and i FINALLY had the chance to talk about my "field trip" to CUTA. she said maryanne had been very impressed by me, and she thought it was a valuable experience for me. she even said "you do more that graphic design, you know that". i DO know that, but its nice to actually hear that from her. but later when we were going through a presentation i was working on, she'd caught a really minor error and said "that's why i get paid the big bucks". i have NO idea why it was relivant for her to say that, because i actually corrected her correction. i'm going to try to not let it bother me, because things have been really great between us lately. i'd just appreciate if she didn't remind me that she makes about 3 times as much as me. its only fair not to.
so melissa's face is adorned with her new glasses, when my face is gonna have to wait another few days. i swear this is gonna give me an aneurysm.
i like who we've become too ;)
i'm starting to think i'll bail on the christmas party. i had a really fun time last year, but i currently have no one to go with, and i don't think knickers will be going, she's the only one who can MAKE me go. and i don't have any friends at work (i have friendly co-workers but not friends exactly. dave ferrence kind of counts but i don't think he'll be there). i'll check with marilyn & frank if they're going, but if they're not there truly is no reason for me to go. oh well. it would have been nice, but there will be other years.
i am just a dreamer wearing sensible shoes.
10 comments:
do you know what I like? when I think about my friends and I remember that they go to work somewhere, and that they are all good at their jobs... it makes me want to go see them in their professional environment, just to see that aspect of them.
i imagine that I would also be very impressed with your professional self.
I think your boss was maybe flying on autopilot when she made the "big bucks" comment. It's probably one of her throw-away lines that she has programmed herself to emit in response to a specific set of stimuli (eg. brain: "Alert: we are receiving a compliment. Commencing 'big bucks' line."). That frees up her conscious mind to ponder other things, like what new frivolous crap she's going to buy with all that money she makes, compared to you.
I'm on conversational autopilot almost all of the time. I hate it.
Thanks to beckless for telling me about the Law.
The Remembrance Day holiday always surprises me that it exists at all. Even more surprising to know that they actually make Laws about where to put holidays. I guess the world must be organized in some fashion. I just wish my students were so organized.
My conversational autopilot seems to be 'mmmhmmm'. Maybe that's why I don't make the big bucks.
some cups of tea really don't taste the same. here are some reasons why they may taste different:
- stale tea bags
- whole vs 1% milk (if you are milk person)
- different steeping times
- different mugs or tea cups (just doesn't taste good in a plastic cup)
- who makes it
- stirring utensil used
- temperature of the water
I love tea... maybe that is why my last name is such...
also the water itself affects the tea. i can't make a good cup of tea here... too much sediment or whatever in the water. yech. mel, your last name might not be an accident of the universe. maybe i need to re-examine my "universe as random" hypothesis.
i think jason might be a genius; when my brain is on autopilot, i sound like a blithering idiot. or else i spill secrets. yike!
and to aphra: i agree. i would be ecstatic if they would attempt to organize and take responsibility for themselves! haha.
three cheers for yelsel's return to the msn!
i don't even know where to start in responding to all these long entries. so i give up :p
I'm thinking my diet may be peppermint tea today. Myron and James are both sick and them being sick makes me feel sick you know?
I'm afraid I don't much think about the details of making such tea. I boil the water and put the teabag in the cup. I take the teabag out whenever I remember and then drink the tea.
i have a similar tea making method.
nice lyrics! i was racking my brain because i'd heard those lyrics recently, and then it came to me: jill barber! yay!
and i've realized that you are on beta and so i've made the feed change in my bloglines. so we should be good again.
and now i understand why there was a herbal making comments on my blog. this beta thing is so random sometimes.
good call ;)
ya, i'm not sure about this whole beta thing.
Post a Comment