i'm all disoriented. i was just telling rach how it's felt like a thursday all day. i wish it could be the day it feels like. however... that could backfire sometimes.
i had a really nice time with rach tonight. it was my 4th day in a row of going to the goat. it think that's funny. i like going there, i'd go every day if i worked downtown. we knitted and chatted. we have unusual things in common. would you say that's true rachel? i kind of wish i was as bohemian as she is, but maybe i will be some day. i bought a scarf in kenya and i'll need her help figuring out how to wrap it. i saw so many woman wearing beautiful scarves that i just couldn't not buy one. although, they don't have hair so its easier to wrap. rachel used to have dreadlocks, i'd kind of like to have dreads some day. thinking maybe 32. its funny how i plan these things for so far off.
ok, so things are going fine. not too exciting, but not too boring. its kind of nice not being on the lesley roller-coaster. i think of my friend who recently decided she's stop writing with such dramatics. perhaps drama is a drug we need to unprescribe from.
today i asked marilyn if she & her husband santo were planning on going to the xmas party. she thought so, then the two of us went to ask frank if he & his wife rita are going. he also thought so. i told them how i didn't think i'd go since i have no one to go with and all, but they convinced me that we'd all sit together and they'd watch out for me. so i guess i'm going. i'm kind of happy because it'll be fun and now i don't have to worry about being left-out :)
as you know, i post entries every day. i've often wondered about people who don't write every day. i think to myself "what makes them decide 'this is the day'?" it seems odd to me. but when i think about it, there are some days when i have profound thoughts to share and other days where i'm just sharing the tid-bits of my day. so if i only shared profound thoughts there would definately be less entries. fewer entries.
you have no idea what "workplace awkwardness" is until you have a transgender co-worker.
still no glasses.
the meaning is always lost in translation from my head to my heart.
10 comments:
I like your daily posts. They're always interesting and inspire me to make my own posts more creative (though I can't say I do as good a job).
Oh, and I did have a trans-genedered co-worker at my last job. I think they were post-op.
Is feeling like a Thursday on Wednesday good? Because now you actually have to do Thursday today. Wouldn't that get repetitive? Is Thursday good?
I think it's good to have a routine of posting. My ability to post depends on my work and if my husband is using the computer to play his game.
Have I left too many comments if I'm starting to recognize the word verification words?
primo quote.
hopefully the essense of the meaning will get to the heart and that will be the most important.
by the way it is Thursday and that means Grey's!
mine is pre-op. and still has to correct us when we refer to him as he. err, her as a he. argh. so confusing.
no no, you wouldn't have to repeat any days. if yesterday was thursday then today would be friday. see? much better.
yay! looking forward to seeing you tonight :)
so many things to reply to! I guess I should prioritize.
I am very proud of your correct use of the word "fewer." As an English teacher, I applaud you.
i wonder about the people who only post sometimes. once in a while I don't post on a day... if I'm partying too hard, or too busy, or too bummed to write. but yeah... how do they recognize those things they just gotta share?
Hey Les! I had a good time on Wedneday night, too, except that I got home and started puking. UGH! I'm better now, but I'm just getting caught up on your blog because you haven't shown up on bloglines for the last few days.
You should definitely try dreads. They're great fun. Don't work so well for me because I have WAY too much hair. But they're so low maintenance.
I am someone who posts only a couple times a week, sometimes less. I just don't have time to post every day. There are plenty of things I think of to write about that never make it into blog land. By the time I get time for them, they don't feel relevent any more. I have a secondary blog which I post to almost every day, but it's short and factual. Doesn't take any real effort.
You switched to beta, didn't you? That's why you weren't showing up for me on bloglines and why I keep showing up as Herbal in your comments. I'm slowly figuring things out.
yes i DID switch to beta and so far i'm not liking it. argh!
well if i ever get dreads i will credit you as my inspiration.
why were you puking! that's madness. i hope you're feeling better.
I think I got a very short lived stomach flu of some sort.
I officially hate beta. I have being called 'Herbal' and I hate that no one can link to me from other people's comments. Switch back!!!!
argh that's frustrating. i'm sorry about that. it bites. they're still working out the kinks, i'm sure it will sort itself out.
glad you're feeling better :)
Post a Comment