its amazing.... oh, back plot then i'll get back to this...
we watched "the last kiss" tonight at rhonda's. it was so nice just hangin' out as a group of friends. i'd have to say it's the most anti-romance i've ever seen. i've never seen a movie that made me more apprehensive towards relationships. anyway...
its amazing because it talked about how it doesn't matter if you say you love someone, or even if you feel like you love them. its how you treat them that really matters. its the true indicator of your feelings. i've been thinking about that lot lately. i don't want to be told hollow words. i don't want to hear fleeting feelings. words mean nothing. i'm not cynical. i'm open-eyed.
holy crap, i've also never seen a movie with such explict sexual content. holy crap!
well anyway... i had a really nice and lovely christmas. it was very nice. i love my family. being away has made fru SLIGHTLY insane, i hope he returns to normal asap.
sometimes i feel we need a road map to decipher what's going on. some kind of legend to explain the minds of men.
it feels complete once i've told you.
i ain't nothing but a dream.
4 comments:
Well, I can't say I had heard of "The last kiss" before, but I googled it so I could make some sort of decent comment and found and interesting review, that I thought you would enjoy.
Link is here
John Anderson says ""The Last Kiss" - like "Huckleberry Finn," utopian political rhetoric and dairy products - will be digested differently, depending on one's place on the big cafeteria line of life. Acid reflux is a distinct possibility.
What happens in "The Last Kiss" may be a pitfall of translation: A European movie in which unhappiness reigns usually employs enough sense of the absurd to make it all palatable. Here, it's just unremittingly sad."
It does sound like an interesting movie, though one where the women are the bad guys.
Yesterday, I watched "My big fat greek wedding" (because I'm in 2002 movies while you are in 2006) Definately lighter than what you were watching!
hm. i think women are the bad guys in life more often then we like to recognize. i've been the bad guy numerous times.
i actually really liked the last kiss. it was probably the most realistic movie about life i've ever seen. wasn't pretty. but pretty darn accurate.
I didn't mean that women don't deserve to be the bad guys. I just think it should be even. But then if women really are the bad guys in life and it was realistic portrayal, that's fine. It just seems to be in Real Life women and men are equally the bad guys, in different ways. Not that I've seen the movie, so I have no idea what I am talking about.
However, I am glad that the last kiss in the movie was good, thus justifying the title!
Hope you are having a good day. Can't believe it's getting dark already.
its hard to say. its dangerous to paint any gender or group with the same brush. its just kind of unusual in movies to show girls as the villian instead of the victim.
hope youre enjoying your time without the boys! :)
Post a Comment