but you know what? inspite the fact that i woke-up feeling miserable and really down, i had a number of good experiences! let me share them with you...
one) had a really good conversation with garry on the phone. there were a couple things from that discussion that stuck in my head. he told me that thankfulness combats depression, so i'm making a mental effort to be more aware of the things i'm thankful for. he also suggested i talk to rachel, which was very ironic since i already had plans to meet up with her this evening!
two) my wallet did NOT get stolen
three) i went out with rachel to sipps. my place has been SUCH A DUMP, but i knew that i would really benefit from spending time with rach instead of staying home, and i'm really glad i went. i've really appreciated the fact that everyone has been really loving and yet they respect the fact that i don't want to discuss the details. anyway, listening to rachel really resonated in my heart. i feel affirmed and like i'm not the only one feeling this way (or has ever felt this way).
i will never cease to be amazed by the dual-state of my heart. i feel both encouraged and deflated. i'm both rejoicing and mourning. i'm mended while still leaking.
in my weakness He is strong.
anyway, i want to get a good night's rest so i'm going to head to bed. thanks for being a sparkle in my day... all of you. love ya ;)
i need your grace
to remind me
to find my own
6 comments:
My eyes hurt, I am so sick. but still working. with no sparkle.
why did you decide to go to work? hopefully you'll feel better soon. i do encourage you to stay home if that's an option. sick days are good for the mind and body :)
ooh, I don't get sick days because I work contract. It would be more of a hassle to reschedule my classes than to go in sick. I have 3 classes tomorrow. but then i can rest a bit on thurs and fri as I only have one class each day.
i think your chair looks spanky.
i can't wait until i come down. we should schedule a meeting between your chair and my tush.
I'm glad we went out, too, Les. I'm even more glad you felt it was a good use of time, especially when your messy apartment was calling to you.
Not too long ago I led a discussion at PEG about blogging. The concern came up that blogs can replace real interaction and connection with others. I understand that concern, but on the other hand, I don't know that we'd have become friends were it not for blogland. I'm glad we've "met" in this way and have developed an actual friendship that exists outside of our computers.
Your chair looks great! I wish I was ambitious enough to try refinishing furniture.
yes, i'm taking appointments already. both cash and credit are accepted.
oh rach, thanks again. yes, its true. i've had a number of friendships that have started via my blog. its been a major social thing for me. people who say blogs aren't real relationships don't know what their talking about.
Post a Comment