I had my yearly evaluation the other day. it went very well. I must say, that despite how I feel or what i'm experiencing in life at any given time, I know that I'm good at my job. and I like that. I like having things that I know I can depend on doing well.
I have a few guarantees...
1) i'm good at tracing stuff in adobe illustrator
2) in super mario bros 3, i'm good at stomping on the koopa in the castle
these are the things I can do well, confidently with peace of mind. they might not be the most practical (well, the illustrator thing is a good skill for a graphic designer, but it doesn't give me much cred outside that sphere). pretty much everything else I do, i have to hope for the best. generally, life is a crap shoot for me. i know this, and I'm pretty well adjusted about it.
BUT consistently exceeding expectations as an employee is good. it's nice to have that to depend on.
No comments:
Post a Comment