Thursday, February 25, 2016

tunes

I've been complaining to Brendan lately that there's nothing good on the radio these days. cbc radio sonica, which I usually love, has been playing a stream of songs that don't interest me at all. they all blend together as the same bland song. except for one. I really like the new jim Bryson song, so when that comes on I perk up. however, I think I've concluded this is a good thing. when I was pregnant, I listened to 'of monsters and men' a lot in my first trimester, and ever since, whenever I hear them, I feel nauseous. so at least no good music has been ruined for me this time. but it would really nice to listen to a bunch of good songs.

funnily enough, when I drove home during a white-out a few weeks ago, the radio was playing hit after hit. that was the best part of that drive home. it made it manageable. music goes a long way with making me feel invigorated. I need that right now.

No comments: