Sunday, June 25, 2006

goosehunt

i just woke-up from a nap on the floor and am walkin round my house in a total daze.

man, i was rudely awoken from my nap by st. mary's church, who i swear rang their church bells about 100 times. argh. so annoying!

and yes, you did read correctly, i had a nap on the floor of my back porch. i don't know what it is about that room, i really like it. i just wanted to be in it, but felt sleepy. it was nice.

i had a good time at church this morning. i introduced myself to a girl who was sitting by herself and sat with her. her name (i think) was genica, she was really nice and we have lots in common. striking up conversation with perfect strangers at next is something i used to do all the time, but i've noticed that as i've made friends i've been doing it less because there's always someone to sit with. she seemed to really appreciate it too. i also met a girl named holly who said she started coming with some friends of hers, i asked "oh who are your friends?" and she said "alison lau", i was like "oh she's my friend too!"

isaac and rhonda came over for lunch today. this was the first time since moving day that they've been able to come over. rhonda gave me the lonely planet kenya book for a housewarming gift. i told her "i guess this means i HAVE to go". tonight we're going to watch pirates of the caribean which i'm oh-so-excited about.

i saw melody and kevin last night. i really enjoy my friendship with melody, its very unique. besides the fact that we have admittedly nothing in common, its the kind of friendship that we can go months, even years without talking, then when we do, we pick up right where we left off. maybe that's why neither of us put out a lot of effort to keep in touch, because its not necessary.

i can't help but wonder if every instinct i've ever had is wrong.

i guess we're all just out on loan,
and everybody is only their own.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

About your back porch. I think different rooms have different "spirits" (for lack of a better word). There was a room in our old house that I loved to be in. It felt different than any other part of the house. I always said that room had a really peaceful spirit. Sounds like your back porch has a good spirit, too. (Jase thinks I'm totally wacko when I start talking about things like rooms having spririts! Perhaps he's right, but alas, this is me!)

yelsel said...

i understand what you're talking about. i can't put my finger on it, but i'm drawn to that room. i'm gonna miss it in the winter when its too cold to use it due to the lack on insulation. i'll enjoy it to the max now.

devious said...

I totally know what you mean, too. I loved the rec room in my grandma's house. And I love my old bedroom at my parents' cottage. Actually, you'll think I'm crazy maybe, but I loved to be in my old car, Angus. I'd get in to go somewhere and I'd just feel like me.

yelsel said...

oddly enough, i don't feel fully secure here yet. like this place is mine. maybe its because my landlords are so sketchy that i feel at any moment they're gonna give me my walking papers. i hope that feeling will go away soon, and i'll feel like this is my space. i've made it my own, now i want it to feel like home.

Rachel said...

There are a couple cars that I really loved, too. One was the car Jason drove when we started dating. It was a Hyundai Stellar called Louis. We later aquired a bright blue tiny firefly hatchback called Owen. They were both great cars. Our car now is the first brand new car we've ever owned. It's different somehow. We've never even bothered to name it. Just doesn't have the same feeling.

yelsel said...

i know what you mean, my first car was a 1987 volkwagon jetta named asher. my current car just doesn't feel the same, but i do refer to it as "the batmobile".

devious said...

my current car doesn't have a name, either, unless you count "Piece of S#!T" when the tire goes flat *again*.

it really should. it's at the age. but I guess it hasn't done the magic in my life that Angus did. I guess it's true what they say - the first cut is the deepest.