Tuesday, June 20, 2006

wellington

to my delight, i came home to receive a postcard from melissa in the mail!! i've been longing for a postcard lately. and its perfect because its a vertical one and i've been needing a vertical one for the next spot on my cupboard. it was this pic of john.

last night i dreamt that i was working on the standard while i was at work and knickers found out and i was in big trouble. hahahaa. i wonder what that means. does anyone have the gift of dream interpretation?

i was just at east side mario's for dinner with my family for father's day. i fear i may have stuck my foot in my mouth, not with my family but with the person at the next table. oh well.

when i was leaving i saw this guy i know who i'm avoiding. i'm paranoid that if he gets the chance he's going to ask me on a date and its freaking me out! i was passing the patio in my car and looked up to see him watching me. i gagged. i'm not kidding!! this guy actually induces a vomitus reflex. i'm disturbed. i'm disturbed in my room.

i've been thinking lately "what is a friend? what classifies someone as a friend?". there seems to be people who use the term very loosely and others very seldomly. if frequent was a 10 and never as a 1, i would be a..... 8. i remember my old friend scott used to say he only classifed someone as his friend if they'd hung out alone at least once. he's logic was you weren't really friends if you didn't hang out alone. i see his point to some extent. however, there are different KINDS of friends. some people are group friends, some are close friends, some are work friends, some are 'blank' friends and so on. do you think this is true? i think its most definately possible for friends to fall into multiple categories. i'm just hashing out scott's hang out rule in my brain.

well i should go. i have some "friends" coming over and i need to clean the washroom. i swear my toilet will never be the same after the plumber detached it the other day.

two of us sending postcards,
writing letters on my wall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a 'friend' coming over...i'm a little 'offended'.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the friends categories thing. I have "lifers", the people who I know will be there until I die or they die, which ever happens first. They are the ones who are there for you even if you don't get to see them often.

As I think about friendships that have happened over my life span, I see a distinct 'season' pattern. Friends that are there, are close, but only for a season or two. Ah, I just chalk that up to the ebb and flow of life....friends some come and go, some stay forever. All fit some type of category at some point.

All are needed.

Kath

yelsel said...

oh sarah, please forgive me and my use of quotations. i had a super fun time with you girls tonight. good conversation and good laughs.

i know what you mean kath. i've definately been through seasons of very few friends and like right now, a wealth of friends. i have to contribute a lot of my friendships to pspd. it gives people a better glimpse into my life and a way to get to know me even when we don't see each other much. i fully appreciate this season and friendships of all types.

TEAM RICHKA said...

postage.

devious said...

I don't have any gift of interpretation, but I like to hear dreams. I think they're interesting... and I like how the symbols in your dreams probably are mostly unique to you. I think you have to think what the things in the dreams mean to you, and maybe that helps understand the dream's meaning.

yelsel said...

melinder... i'll send you some 1000 islands postcards again when you go to europe.

well it think it was my fear of getting busted for doing unwork related things combined with the standard. hmm. interesting.... its one of those reasonable-unreasonable fears ;)