Tuesday, November 18, 2008

neglect

with bob as my witness... i will join the butlers for dinner more regularly. i always have a nice time with them, and in spite the fact pretty much all of them deserted us before i even ate my food i will go again, maybe even in two weeks. besides, i had a good time chatting with bob and michelle. they all liked my tattoo, and sarah told me that after my failed attempt to get one last year she thought i'd never go thru with it. let this be a lesson to you all... never underestimate me ;)

i don't like having my life up in the air as it is. i was emailing with rhonda yesterday about it and she sent me this lovely quote "when we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead. no need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress. we cannot take more than one step at a time." that makes good sense to me. i like it.

did i tell you my laundry lady has a crush on me? it makes me a little uncomfortable because i don't know how to respond to her comments. things like "it's so great to see you" or "oh! hello my love". i'm polite so i say stuff like "ya, it's nice to see you too", but not sincerely. she's the lady who washes my clothes, that's the bases of our relationship. i don't mind general niceties, but i think she's propelled things way across the line. she's super nice and cheery though. so i mean this more as an observation than a criticism.

i was surprised to realize that i reached page 125 in my book before realizing that the main character is anonymous. this is the second time that's happened to me. this book also doesn't have chapters, which makes me nutty because i like setting a book down at a logical place.

i am superman and i can do anything.

7 comments:

Aphra said...

does the laundry lady do this with everyone, or just you?
the lady who ran the snack bar at work called everyone 'love' and she really did love everyone I think. she had to stop working there last week, I'm not sure why. She sent an email to the college saying how she would missed her job and that she loved everyone. I think she really did, too!

yelsel said...

i've never seen her talk that way with anyone else. but i know when someone has a crush on me - plus, she is a lesbian. besides, there's a difference between "luv" and "my love". the call everyone "luv" in the UK. it's a very common expression. but this is different. i have a good sense about these thing. i just never know how to respond to her.

Aphra said...

ok, that makes sense. what do you think caused the crush? maybe she really likes your clothes?

Anonymous said...

there's a German lady here at the coffee shop that calls everyone "honey" "sweetie" "dear" "cutie pie". Oddly it doesn't seem weird from her and as I, generally, don't have all that many people who refer to me in those affectionate terms I don't mind that much.

rab said...

I do bear witness!

It is pretty rare for me to be the last Butler standing when it comes to Tuesday evening suppers. I'm usually in the shop before anyone else is finished their dessert. I did enjoy chatting with you two. And the way I look at it, I might never have seen Michelle's tattoo had I not hung around as long as I did.

yelsel said...

my boss uses a lot of affectionate terms with everyone. i kind of like it when she does that. it's very assuring.

i like your angle on that one bob!

Buddy said...

Books without chapters? Wild. I like my current book because it has short chapters, thus I can stop reading pretty much whenever I want. :)