sometimes i watch dr oz at the gym. i've never watched a whole show, but i'll flip over to it during commericals. sometimes i learn helpful things... like how moisturizing your neck reduces the signs of aging (skin on the neck is thinner, so weakens earlier, thus adding weight to your face and making it sag). but then there was yesterday, when he was addressing the pain caused by high heel shoes. while he did give a helpful tip to the woman who chronically complains about wearing heels, he also gave her husband a pep talk to not become agitated by his wifes complaints (and made the man wear pink high heels to demonstrate the discomfort). this puzzled me. all i could think was "if high heels hurt your feet and legs, don't wear them". they're just a weird fashion accessory, and they're not your only option. while i can appreciate that the husband's annoyed attitude probably created tension in their relationship, i don't think him learning to be more sympathic is the only solution. it's not like heels are manditory, there are women all over the world who DON'T wear high-heels. this is just yet another social construct that women go along with without giving any thought to why.
to give you an update on my earrings... with a fresh hair-washing this morning i think they look great. they still point out funny, but my hair's got some texture now so they look pretty good.
to give you an update on my earrings... with a fresh hair-washing this morning i think they look great. they still point out funny, but my hair's got some texture now so they look pretty good.
2 comments:
I totally agree about the shoes. I love shoes. I have so many pairs that it is embarrassing to actually count them. But I do not own a single pair of high heels. Partly because I look ridiculous when I try to walk in them. Partly because they make me taller than Jason which feels awkward to me. Partly because they are so uncomfortable.
I totally agree about the heels, doubly so because I am a tall woman who already feels ridiculous towering over people far too often. I'm all for style, but never willing to compromise comfort for it. I have a hard time feeling sympathy for self imposed discomfort.
Post a Comment