the kingston fair is on. i've never been a fan of the fair, but even less now that its right across the street from my house. it creeps me out a little.
last night's concert was a blast. i had a really great time with irina, the artel clan and co. it was nice bumping in to cas & matt and meghan too. meghan was right, shout out out out IS totally awesome. i love how irina is an "arm dancer", she has no inhibitions. i really admire that. i'm an arm dancer at home, but not in public, i think its because i'm paranoid i'm going to whack someone in the head. irina's a tall girl, i think that's partly why she gets away with it.
i've been increasingly aware of picking up the mannerisms of my friends. its funny. i find myself thinking "that's totally something so-and-so does", its amazing because its a subconcious transfer. i like it. it just goes to show that we are creatures of our environment.
i went to april's after work tonight and got my haircut. first trim i've had since february. i only got an inch off, i've really been enjoying how long its getting. only about 6 more inches to go!
i've noticed something. how comfortable i am having you in my house is directly related to how much i clean before you arrive. let me explain, if i know you're coming and...
a) as a result clean the entire house first – i am uncomfortable.
b) don't do a single thing – i am extremely comfortable.
c) don't do a single thing but appologize for the mess – i am moderately comfortable.
it stings but not for long.
ideas or theories become true. they are made true by events.
3 comments:
I think we do everyone we know a tremendous favour by leaving our house in it's natural state when someone's coming over. If there's someone whose house looks perfect every time I see it I feel like a big loser because I can't do that (even though I know in my head their house can't possibly look like that ALL the time). I wouldn't want my friends to feel like they can't measure up to my standard of tidiness, and I hate feeling like their are people whose standards I can't live up to.
There will always be people's standards I can't live up to. What drives me crazy is my own! I really like having a tidy house. It's amazing how at peace and able to focus I am when things are in their proper places. There is literally no one I want to have over if my house is a big, old mess. And I often tidy the most for people I should feel the most comfortable with! Weird. I think somehow my brain adopted logic that works like this: if my stuff's a mess, then I don't really care about it, or me, or even you enough to clean it up. On the other hand, messes don't bother Paul at all. He often has people over when the house is in shambles and I'm at work, much to my dismay!
Post a Comment