Thursday, August 24, 2006

deductions

fits and starts. fits and starts. both this blog entry and the desires of my heart. they come and go, in fits and starts. i suppose you're not really living if you don't have wants. part of me is afraid that my hopes are dying inside me.

i find myself wondering whether its true if you have to convince yourself you don't care.

this is eating me slowly. extremely slowly. its outside of my control, the ironic thing is that this is no more out of my control than any other circumstance i've found myself in. this one is just so much harder to take than the ones that just naturally went in my favour.

i found the stinky thing in my kitchen. gross. i was searching around, prepared to find a dead carcass of some kind (that's how bad it smelled), when i discovered a rotten onion in my pack of onions. disgusting! it was rotten to the full extent of the word, worms and magots included. now, you have got to understand my aversion to worms and such. this has left me disturbed to the greatest degree. i lost my appetite. and considered not including this in my entry because its so barfy. but alas i have.

my car was ransacked in the night. i find this amazing because just last night as i got home i concluded i couldn't be bothered to lock the doors "what's the chances of someone riffling through it. there's nothing of value in it. anything worth taking was stolen last time my car was broken into". and funnily enough when i got in my batmobile this morning my glove compartment was emptied onto my seat and floor and everything from under my seat was dishevelled. the strangest thing is that they left some kind of wooden stick, well its not so much a stick as it is a wooden rod. i thought to myself "i don't think that was in here before, but maybe it was" *shrug*. part of me feels i need to burn it because who knows where its been.

i discovered this morning how much i like ironing. its really relaxing. its things like that, that make me think "if i was a housewife, i'd really enjoy ironing", but then i realize that if my life's work was ironing i'd get pretty sick of it. i suppose i'll just have to make ironing a priority, because i also really like how my clothes feel when they've been pressed. fancy that!

sadly, pluto has been stripped of its planet status :(

we were galloping manic
to the mouth of the source.
we were swallowing panic
in the face of its force.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Worms and maggots - UGH! I once dumped some pancake mix into a bowl and it was moving. Gross!

Ironing - UGH! I have never ironed a single article of clothing that I've worn. When Vinc was living here he asked me if he could borrow my iron. I told him he could keep it, along with the ironing board, upstairs since I never use it. He seemed a little shocked. I do love hanging and folding laundry though.

Anonymous said...

You didn't happen to run your stinky onion over and hide it in our van did you?! There is an awful smell emanating from the depths of our van...I'd give anything to find the source!

devious said...

aw les. i wish you were online so I could :) at you.

[h]

yelsel said...

hahaha, vinc' is totally an "iron your clothes" kind of guy. that's hilarious! i didn't know that, but it makes sense. i only JUST discovered the joys of ironing, partly because i have an office job.

eww. moving pancake mix, barf. i'll have to remember that one.

sarah, that would be incredibly mean of me to put a stinky onion in your van. hahahaa. sorry about your problem. hope you can sniff it out, sometimes its tricky.

beck, i WAS online. for like the second time all week. but then i went to bed.

rab said...

Carolyn has an obsession about locking the car - that is, she gets terribly upset when anyone locks it. She insists that there is nothing to steal and hates having to unlock it.

As a result, we often have our car rifled through - glove compartment contents strewn over the car seats, etc.

I remember one night waking up and seeing someone closing the door of our car and then he went across the street to check out another car. I was really surprised to see he was using a flashlight because I don't think of these guys as being organized enough to think to bring a flashlight. In the morning, when Carolyn was putting the contents of the glove compartment back, she realized that the only thing missing was her flashlight. I considered calling the cops to have her charged with aiding and abetting.

yelsel said...

haha, bob that's hilarious. that carolyn is wacky. so you think its better NOT to lock your car. interesting. i feel weird vibes when people have been in my car without my knowledge, my house too. i don't like it, so i don't think i could put up with regular intruders.

rab said...

Carolyn thinks you shouldn't lock your car. I think there should be locks on everything. I'm so proprietary that I don't like anyone touching anything that I own. The number one rule for new employees at my office is DTMS (Don't Touch My Stuff.) If there was a way to lock everything in my life, I'd do it. And I'd never give anyone else the key. If it was up to Carolyn she would give everyone she knew a key and then leave an extra key lying around in case a stranger needed access. We are soooo different. I guess opposites really do attract, cause I sure do like her. (Even though she makes me crazy.)

yelsel said...

that's probably the cutest thing i've ever read :)