Tuesday, August 01, 2006

toilet paper

hello?? is there anybody out there?

i've come to some conclusions... wanting makes us want more. let me explain this, i don't mean more as in increased quantity of stuff, and i don't mean we want what we can't have. but what i mean is the act of wanting increases the amount of our want. if the want got satisfied and we no longer want it, the want would end. but being left in a wanting state the want just escalates. i'm not sure if this is making any sense, its very possible that it made more sense in my brain.

the air was so thick today. it was heavy. and i loved it. i stood against the breeze letting my clothes cling to my body from both the wind and the heat. needless to say, my apartment is quite uncomfortably hot. however, i think my bedroom is the hotest room in the house because it only has one tiny window. and of course that's where i am at the present moment.

the empty chair makes me even more aware that i am alone. thank you for filling it.

i had a good day at work today. it was pleasantly busy. knickers was in good spirits and we teased each other endearingly. it was a little surprising to hear that my newest co-worker (who has been with the company 2 months) just gave her notice because she'd been offered a job elsewhere. i had to laugh, that's the way things go at BBD. its not bad, its just a strange work environment. marilyn and i continue have each other.

i'm doing well, just feeling a bit at loose ends. hardly anyone has been online lately, and i've been getting increased amounts of junk mail so it breeds false hope that people have emailed me. sometimes i wake up in the morning to 6 emails and 4 of them are spam. you know what i've noticed? subconsciously i think people scan their new emails and the name they select first indicates something. i don't know what, its different for everyone. but i find that very interesting. i know sometimes i secretly hope to see certain names among the new mail.

i want to send you a subliminal message.

i like it all that way.

10 comments:

TEAM RICHKA said...

a lot of people choked on that thick air today...

yelsel said...

wow, that's something else.

that's for taking me out into civilization. i think i'm going crazy.

dawna said...

hi, i'm here... i understand and agree with your conclusions on wanting. also about the selection of new emails. i don't know what it means, either. but definitely something. i think i went a good 3-4 days without any new emails. then jase emailed me today. yay!

love ya, les!

yelsel said...

oh that sux. i hate it when i come home from a week-end away and only have junk mail. its disappointing.

i'll email you soon too!

i've gotta go to bed.

rab said...

Ummmm. I just assumed that everyone opened their email from the top down. The same way you choose your shirt for the day. The one at the front is for today.

Anonymous said...

Weeelll, I don't exactly go first shirt first but it's a rare occasion that I don't go top down, Bob. Maybe it's genetic.

yelsel said...

hmmm.
hmmmmmmmm.

perhaps not everyone is the same. it is possible, but i won't make any hasty statements without further investigation...

Rachel said...

I don't go top down. There are certain people, who, when they appear in my inbox (my brother for example) always get opened before anyone else. Messages I think will be the most interesting, I open first. I'm not a save the best for last kind of gal, at least not when it comes to email. I am when it comes to food, though. At potlucks I take a small bite of everything on my plate and then proceed to eat it one thing at a time, starting with the thing I liked least and progressing to the thing I liked most.

Rachel said...

Oh, and if the email's a comment from my blog, I always delete it right away before reading it, and go read it directly from my blog.

yelsel said...

hahaha, rachel you're too cute and funny.

i eat everything seperately and start with my favourite. i'm the same with my emails i guess.

i'm fairly consistant all round.