Wednesday, August 30, 2006

passion

argh! ok, enough about that...

ok so ya. on my drive home from work a some stupid guys started honking and "cat calling" at me. it made me very uncomfortable. that's the second time that's happened to me recently. i hate it when that happens, especially at a red light and you're stuck sitting there for 5 minutes trying to pretend you can't hear them. the thing that really gets me is do they really think we're going to respond to that? like seriously, do they think we'll all be like "oh come here big boy..." like that makes no sense.

today i made up a boyfriend. yup. its many years since i made up a boyfriend to ward off men that creep me out. it was very believable. sure, it probably makes me a bad person, but it was effective!

i love hearing the crickets outside, its beautiful.

well i should go to bed. think of me... think of me fondly... ;)
thanks for stopping by!
night, love ya.

another day
just breathe
just believe

4 comments:

devious said...

naw, they don't actually think you're going to climb in their car.. they just want to feel powerful. think of it as yet another way of measuring. what really sucks is there's no good way to get rid of them since anything you do will escalate them.

wouldn't it be great if there was a remote head-smacker? you could just point it at someone who's bugging you and then press the button and they would feel a giant hand smack them on the back of the head.

ah... the fantasies of a substitute...

Anonymous said...

I remember once when we were on vacation at Wasaga Beach, there was this group of guys that were sitting on their front lawn watching the women pass by on the street. and they were rating them as they went by! They would hold up numbers giving them a score. Even though I was young, I thought they were being stupid.

I know that most guys are not like that. And I appreciate that. But I know how it feels when you can't escape the remarks...I am sure I have told you my "melons" story.

yelsel said...

hmmm. i did consider flashing them the... a smile ;) but i figured it would make matters worse.

melissa... i haven't heard your melons story. i've heard your hooters story. how many of these stories do you have?!?!? you're funny. poor teabag.

yelsel said...

do i HAVE an ice queen stare or are you encouraging me develop one? i can be pretty bitchy when i want to be...