hmmmm. once again i have things on my mind but i don't know where to start.
i'm experiencing some interesting changes in my life. perhaps not changes, its more like waves of fresh water.
i had a really good conversation with mike gowing today on msn. it was interesting because i'm not sure if we've ever talked like that before. he's in bolivia right now, and he was saying that he heard recently that talking is only 30% of communication, the rest is body language. very interesting. i think i'm going to take mental note of that and become more aware of people's body language. what are they saying non-orally?
part of me is secretly delighted by the messy state of my house. but that's because i haven't had any guests the last few days. if i did i'd be mortified. i wonder why i'm delighted? perhaps because i like the freedom of having a messy place and not feeling guilty because there's no one else here to be bothered by it.
i joined the forbes' and melissa for lunch today. we had ice cream and cookies and cherries for dessert. it was sooooo yummy delicious.
i want to take the breath that's true.
10 comments:
a.) um, except me? I don't count? and I still don't think your place is messy.
b.) I was just thinking a few minutes ago how I love the frivolity of not putting things away. I know it would only take a second or two to put things away when I'm done with them, but I like the extravagance of leaving the toolbox open and the screwdriver on the kitchen table.
Ironically, I also like looking around when I've just cleaned up and enjoying the put-away-ness of my place.
There is a real correlation between the number of people who visit my place and the level of tidyness I keep there.
I like being messy in a space that is only mine and not used by anyone else. I don't have this luxury anymore, living in a house with 3 other people. If I don't put my things away, how can I ask the others to put their things away? And if nobody put their things away, it'd be completely out of control in no time. I guess I can only stand messiness if it's 100% mine.
beckie, you only come in about half the times you visit. plus, i clean while you're here. if you weren't i probably wouldn't bother.
rach, i know what you mean. if it was someone elses mess it would bother me a great deal.
Oh, I want try to wake up for the time lost, for read your blog, but I will try latter, it's too hard because to many things... Thank you for yesterday, even if it was short, I wasn't really connected a long time I know. It wasn't a good time for me. But you understood. Anyway, have a good day, and talk to you soon. Bye
vinc' you're english reading is digressing! you were doing so good! sorry about all the slang.
slang. slang. slang.
I've heard that communication is only 3% the words we use, and 97% of communication is tone of voice and body language. It helps me to realize why there are so many misunderstandings in the world to know that communication isn't just about words.
perhaps that's why its so easy to misinterpret emails and msn. very interesting!
are you saying mike is WRONG??
I think it's closer to a 40-60 split, words-body language. At least, that is the official stat I was quoted when I was learning sign. In ASL, the sign is only 40% of the message... it is very important what your facial expression and body language are saying, outside of the actual hand-finger movements.
Jo, get back to work!
hahahhaa. too funny.
Post a Comment