Friday, February 23, 2007

convoy

i'm really exhausted. eating food, drinking wine and talking to strangers can really take it out of you. today was pete's funeral. it went well. i'd say about 40% of the people were from bbd, i was a little surprised by who was there. but all in all, i think there's a pretty close knit community in my office. our president and seven vice presidents flew up from pittsburgh to be there, i thought that was really nice. since i never got to know pete, i can't say if the service accurately reflected him. one thing that really struck me is that i think people have such a narrow idea of what a funeral is that they don't do a lot to customize. it got me thinking, about my funeral, what i'd like and what i wouldn't like. i don't want an organ to be played. i don't want them to read the typical verses (like ecclesaistes 3 or psalm 23), i would opt for psalm 18 because its my favourite. that's all i've come up with so far. but i would like it to be a time of remembrance of our time together. and i want it to accurately reflect me. it will be after all... my closing ceremony.

i think its time to change the subject...

oh my goodness, you wouldn't believe the day i've had. there's been so much crazy drama in the last 24 hours, its nutts! i don't think i've ever had this much drama in such a condensed amount of time.

i'm weary of the sly fox.

yup, i'm pretty exhausted. i feel due for a monday movie night. i could really use time by myself. when i left knicker's house today i felt so tired that i might throw up. well its time for me to head out once again. don't get me wrong, i enjoy my friends and i look forward to my time with them, so i don't go begrudgingly.

we don't need no haters,
we're just tryin' to love one another.
we just want y'all have a good time,
no more drama in your life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want my funeral to be a celebration. I want there to be happy tears and even a bit of laughter.

I went to a funeral recently, at which there was an applause after the eulogy. I want to live my life in a way that people will clap after they here my story. it is not about the recognitionof my life, it is about living my life to the fullest.

now I just have to figure out how to do that....

Rachel said...

I've only been to one funeral that I remember. It was for a 5 month old baby and it seemed so horribly inadequate. I don't know what I was expecting, but I left feeling as if what had just taken place didn't do justice to the tragedy that had happened. It felt very formulaic and impersonal. I have no idea what I want my funeral to be like, but certainly not that.

Rachel said...

Hey Les,

Just read your latest post. Can't comment there, so I'll do it here. I'll miss reading PSPD while you're gone, but by all means, do what you have to do. Hope you're feeling balanced and better soon.

Love, Rachel

dawna said...

les, i'll miss you too... but i understand the need for a break. feel better, and know you're loved.