Tuesday, October 04, 2011

legible

our offer has been accepted!

we've reached a tentative deal with the owners of 79 Main Street. it's a newly renovated 85ish year old home, which was converted into a duplex. each unit has 2 bedrooms and storage space in the full-height basement. we have until october 14 to finalize our finances and to have a home inspection. this will be a great starter home for us :)

i'm hoping that when we do the home inspection our families will be able to come and that i can do a bunch of measurements - things like closet space, height of cabinets width of hallway, etc. things not included on the specs. we're pretty excited. brendan was actually really blown away when we got the news. i think he was storing things under the surface more than i realized.

some day we'll come up with a fun and applicable name for the main street house, but until then... the working title will be "the twoplex".
 
at arm's length
i will hold you there.

7 comments:

beckie said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

Rachel said...

I really like that there's a door out of the kitchen. I'd forgotten about that. We had that at our old house and I'm not sure why, but I really loved it.

Lesley said...

@beck, i'm looking forward to having you as our first overnight guest!

@rach, i'm looking forward to having you as our neighbour!

Anonymous said...

That's super-exciting news! I hope it all goes well!

Marlene

Jill said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Mayelin said...

wow congratulations Les and Brendan!
so happy for you. this is great news.

beckie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend(?) It would be great if it can work. I'll call you.