Thursday, February 15, 2007

confidential

it's happened. my horror of horrors – my family have discovered pspd. i did not expect them to be so resourceful, but they googled me. argh!! joy was shocked that i share so openly about my feelings, and said "i didn't even know you were feeling that way, and i'm your sister!!" but she never asked! her reaction made me feel stupid for talking about my life on the internet. at first i felt a need to justify myself to her, but whatever i'm a blogger, its something i do. she doesn't need to read it. she told my dad "if you ever want to know what's going on in lesley's life, just read her blog, she tells EVERYTHING!" which really freaked me out and made me beat her up with my mittens. for some reason i feel hurt, i don't want them scrutinizing my life. it's like curtains, just because they're open doesn't give you an invitation to look in.

hm, i just caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror and saw i had blood on my face. hmm, i wonder how long THAT's been there...

frig, who cares anyway?!? i want to live in such a way that i have nothing to hide.

i've been having a pretty good week. things have been alright at work, i've enjoyed home time and social time. i'm getting regular emails so i'm not feeling lonely and my place is tidy. i'm really enjoying having a tidy home, i've kept it up for a couple weeks now! yay for me! and i've been consistently on time for work, and have read every morning except for today when i was only 7 minutes early, that's not enough time after i get situated.

i've found lately, i like drinking very hot tea. i usually don't like super hot drinks because my tongue gets burnt easily. i also think my sense of taste is diminishing. that's not good. i like to taste stuff.

i like being organized because it minimizes my anxiety, but man it take a lot of effort and premeditation. it would be super nice to have someone clean up after me, prepare my foods, and sign me up for the treadmill before i arrive.

but hey i'm just a kid, i've got nothing to lose.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it's freaky when you find out that certain people read your blog. At least you found out when they found it, not like they've been reading it while you say things about them!

I find I censor my blog quite a bit, which isn't always a good thing. I like your openess (among other things)..

I suppose if you didn't want them to read it you could ask them not too, though that may not be in the spirit of what you watned...

yelsel said...

argh, i hate it. i feel... duped some how.

thank you, i'm glad you like my openess. besides... i don't actually share EVERYTHING. like, there were things i told you in person you didn't know in real life, right??!?

well i'll just having to think of censorship as a new challenge.

i will prevail!

oh bud, i miss you. here's a hug [u]

devious said...

it's definitely freaky. it's almost like... well, it's like they're spying. i know it's "public" and all that, but if they know you've got it and you've never shared it with them, they should know not to go looking for it.

i'm totally not talking about your family now.

yelsel said...

yeppers.

i figured you were referring to your most recent invasion of privacy.

i'm a little hungie.

swilek said...

Hi Lesley...I am a good friend of Shari Dosegers ...Al's too...from their hometown...I've known them for almost 30 years...wow..crazy when I think about it...anyways, I have been to next a few times and like checking out the website and now that I am a new blogger, like to read the blogs! I can relate to this post of yours and also likey our openess with blogging...there is a vulnerability isn' t there! I enjoy reading your blog!! By the way, you are not related to any mcknights in brockville are you...I used to live there and was good friends with Janyce Horner and went to church with her uncle Wayne at the wesleyan church? have a good day! Karyne Whalen

yelsel said...

hello there karyne whalen!
yes, i agree. i read once in a magazine that what draws people to blogging is the honesty and openness. i think that's true.

alas, my mcknight heritage is from toronto and beyond that hamilton. too bad, it would have been neat to meet someone who knew my family :)

swilek said...

Yes, it would be neat...I always ask because you never know...I am always interested in the connections of people:) I come by it honestly due to my family heritage...Irish and Newfoundlanders...they all seem to know everyone!!!:) Anyways..nice to meet you and maybe I'll meet you live at Next!! Karyne