Wednesday, March 07, 2007

tappered pants

there's something about jim guthrie. he makes me feel so anchored. so confident in who i am. which is weird for some reason. but i like it.

its interesting when we get a glimpse at ourselves thru other people's eyes. when that happens, i often find myself thinking "that's not me at all! how did that person come to THAT conclusion!??!" and its usually a result of their own frame of mind. people search to find themselves in others.

sometimes crazy people move back into the country. and drink soya milk upon their arrival.

i've done very well at changing my routine. i now always put my clothes away, i always do my dishes the day of, and i'm on time for work every day! oddly enough, i've found myself becoming more lapsed in other areas. for example i used to make my bed every day as soon as i woke up, but i've started leaving it unmade all day. but i do eventually have to make it, because i HATE sleeping in an unmade bed. its SO uncomfortable.

the other day melissa told me that i was childish and then we laughed because i knew she didn't mean it THAT way. and tonight rhonda told me that i'm not a serious person, but tried to explain that i am but i'm not really. its true, i'm kind of an odd blend, i'm a mishmash of types. a V8 of people. i wish i was less shy and more witty. less reserved and more untangled. but i think i'm ok with me. i'm starting to not beating myself up for not being... different than i am.

had a life affirming talk
with the garbage man today.
he said “believe in me,
i
take the trash away”.

6 comments:

TEAM RICHKA said...

it's just like buying normal milk if you are a normal person...

Aphra said...

when having conversations with my students, I try to see myself through their eyes and I always think I'm pretty crazy! but i don't drink soy milk.

devious said...

hm... melissa described the conversation differently, using the word "childlike". which is very different from childish.

wingman is childish, you are childlike. i like you.

TEAM RICHKA said...

i feel exactly the same about jim guthrie's tunes.

yelsel said...

no no melinda i was talking about jim guthrie the MAN. haha. just kidding. drinking soya milke is not abnormal at all.

i think most students are crippled by fear of their profs. i can't imagine WHY they'd think you're crazy. maybe THEY'RE crazy. have they ever thought of that?!!?

beck... i KNOW what melissa meant. she corrected herself and we had a long conversation about it. but thanks for clearing that up though :p however, i don't think i'm childlike either. being childlike implies innocence and naivety, and i'm neither.

Aphra said...

Well, I think I don't act like most profs do, so that throws them. I try to be nice to them and relate to them and they find it a bit freaky, I think. Though when they break the course rules, I have very little patience for them. But I'm never terribly mean, but sometimes they can tell (or should be able to tell) that I'm annoyed with them.