Tuesday, October 21, 2008

undone

this evening i saw the secret life of bees with mayelin. it was really great. quite honestly, it was the best book-to-movie movie i've ever seen. i was very impressed, they did a fantastic job. i hate it when the plot is changed for no reason, so i really appreciated that they didn't do that.

i once read a book where the author went into great detail about the ellipsis. i loved it. it was every woman's inner crazy girl trying to decipher what was being said or not said.

rhonda wrote to me about how her pants were too short yesterday and it made her feel like a dork. i thoroughly enjoyed that someone else's mood was affected by their clothes.

the tunnel connecting the two buildings resonated with the sound of the rain over head. there's something about being sheltered from a storm that warms my heart and makes me feel safe and secure.

i know you won't fail...

2 comments:

Gen said...

Good to know Lesley! I really loved the book and was considering going to see the movie but sometimes I am hesistant because I don't want to ruin the delight of the story. That's why I haven't seen White Oleander yet...the book just means too much to me!

yelsel said...

it really was.

i was disappointed in the white oleander and i haven't even read the book. don't bother seeing that one.