i'm excited that it's almost the weekend. we have lots to do around the house tomorrow, and i'm kind of excited that it's someone else's mess too!
i'm really liking having brendan as my housemate. although, his tolerance level for tidiness is much lower than mine. this morning i did the dishes while he was sleeping, i was really happy about it and was hoping that he'd be delighted to find a clean kitchen without having to ask me! he always mentions the mess before i have the chance to clean it. so i was pleased do chores without being promped. so far my favourite part of having brendan as a resident of 330 york street is getting to see him before work. i tend to pester him in the mornings by getting back into bed for 10 -15 intervals in between things like breakfast and shower. i unwittingly poke and prod at him as he sleeps, and he responds with moans and whines. this makes me giggle and it delights me to no end. i'm reminded of how i acquired the nickname "pest". i also really like it when he picks up groceries. one thing i've missed about having housemates is the lack of other people's food in the house. i swear nothing tastes better than other people's food. i remember taking a bite of my friend's sub at lunch in college, and they always tasted better than the subs i ordered for myself. packing my lunch for work is an adventure, i like finding leftovers in the fridge or bringing spare fruit into the office. shared food is great.
in other news... since taking out my dreads i've discovered that my hair is now wavy. this is extremely strange after having silky smooth hair for all those years. when i mentioned it to my hairdresser she said that people's hair changes during their lifetime. she thought it was good or else we'd get tired of the same old thing. i suppose that's kind of true, but i liked my smooth straight hair, i knew what to expect from it. i don't know what to think of my wavy locks. i can't wait for a year from now when my hair will be semi-long. and i really can't wait for a year and a half when it's really long! as much as i miss my straight hair, i also miss the fullness of my dreads. i think what it comes down to is this middle of the road haircut, it bores me. i dyed my hair the other day because i needed my hair to be just a little more edge.
whatever colours you have in your mind.
3 comments:
What did you dye it?
I loooove other people's food too. It is one of my fave things about living with T too :D Also, that I feel like it 'allows' me to eat things I normally would feel bad about buying (and I'm talking small amounts, in moderation - I grew up in a really strict food household).
I've been very comment-y tonight.
Hope that's ok :)
Are you still using bar soap? My hair got wavy and a little frizzy after dreads, but once I stopped using bar soap and switched back to regular shampoo, it gradually got smoother and silkier again. I prefer the frizzy waves, though. I'm hoping when my hair gets long it'll be like that again - I'm still using bar soap only.
Post a Comment