Monday, July 19, 2010

return

after a 15 hour flight thru 11 time zones and one mini day, we arrived in toronto. at customs the man asked us if we had a good trip, and in a travel-daze brendan informed him "ya, we just got back". we collected our luggage, then came thru the doors and down the ramp to the smiling faces of andrew and shannon. they got up at 2 am to drive to toronto to pick us up. it was so nice of them, and it was a great warm welcome home. we listened to 90s music on the satellite radio as we drove the 401 in our massive dodge ram truck. when we stopped at a service station for breakfast b and i told them all about the genocide museum we visited, hearing about it seriously made shannon cry. i'll tell you about it later.

we did our laundry and watched some of the office season 6 (we bought it at the russian market in phnom penh for 6 dollars - the complete 4-disc season), and fell asleep by 4:30. we slept 12 hours, i got up at 4, did some things around the house, then headed to work for 7. it was kind of nice, but it means the day is going INCREDIBLY SLOW, because i've done so much already and it's only 9:45 am.

b and i both felt good to be home. being in the maxi pad, getting re-aquainted with our space is nice. we feel pretty rejuvinated, and i feel like our trip was very energizing.

videos and photos to follow on facebook soon.

time will hold its promise.

3 comments:

rab said...

Welcome back!

Rachel said...

Welcome home! Andrew and Shannon are GREAT friends! Can't wait to see pics and hear your stories.

devious said...

I'm so glad your trip was awesome. I think travel-dazed b would be funny to behold.

Can't WAIT to see you! I wish you weren't working on Thursday... I'm probably going to pass through K-town on the way to Whitby and we could have gotten a cup of something. But I need to get there early in the day, so I guess it won't work this time.

Miss you lots - we have so much to catch up!