i had my first adjustment at the chiropractor's yesterday. she did 4 adjustments in total. 3 out of 4 went very well, but one of the adjustments on my pelvis did not budge at all. this is very intriguing and could be related to why eamon got stuck. since my pelvis did not adjust, it could be an indication that it didn't flex as it should while I was in labour. we're going to keep working on it. I'm going back in tomorrow. once we start making some progress, I can go in less frequently. she'd found beforehand that everything with my pelvis appeared to be aligned and normal, but perhaps it's not sitting quite right.
being adjusted by a chiropractor is a bit of a weird experience. it's definitely not gentle like physio or massage therapy. she was literally slamming into me, all the while assuring me it was fine and regular. each time I'd let out a bit of an "uuuh" sound. I'm hoping i'll start to acquire a taste for it, and get a sense of relief from it. I didn't feel badly afterwards, although I was a little sore, like I'd been roughhoused and in a way I was :p
No comments:
Post a Comment