yesterday, eamon played outside in the backyard by himself for the first time! he played before lunch and then again after his nap. it was really nice! he really enjoyed himself, and it was really nice for us to get lunch and supper ready without him shadowing every movement or getting into mischief. I'm pleased. I'm looking forward to more of this. having a backyard (with a fence) is really nice :)
just last week, I was telling bren that people don't use our park very much in the winter. but since then, I've seen people skating in the park! we don't even have a city rink, but enough water has frozen around the park that people can skate (if they clear it with a shovel first). it was really neat! I felt really excited to see that. when I was a kid, our backyard used to freeze into a natural rink and we'd spend hours on there skating. so I'm happy to see this little community rink :)
No comments:
Post a Comment