Sunday, January 15, 2017

polyester

now that I'm 37 and have had two babies, I find that my body is more and more resembling a middle aged woman's body. bearing this in mind, I concluded two things...

1) I cannot afford to dress the way I want. I was shopping downtown yesterday, and there were several items that interested me, but none that we're price in a range I'd be willing to pay.

2) I need to dress for my body type. there was a plus size mom at a library group I went to last week. and I found that I kept looking at her because I thought she was dressed very nicely and she looked great - and comfortable too! it was a good reminder that I don't need to be skinny to look nice.

so I went to value village yesterday to find some clothes that fit my new criteria. that included getting high-waisted pants. now, in some ways I don't particularly like high-waisted pants. but I accept that the are more flattering on my body and don't always require being hiked up. lower rise pants alway fall down or cause muffin-tops. so I bought some. I am embarrassed to admit that they are from northern reflections :S but that fits with me resembling a middle-aged woman.

Sent from my iPod

No comments: