i gave myself a hobos manicure as i watched "bridge to terebithia" with the lovells. i'd never seen it before, and knew nothing of the plot. soon into the story the character "leslie" was introduced. this immediately caught my attention because it's my name, but also because they were pronouncing it as "lezlie" which REALLY irritates me. a close second to that is having my name spelled "leslie". i especially hate it in emails where my name is clearly spelled "lesley" in the email address. it makes me want to vomit. anyways, i then noticed the other main character's name was jesse, and it reminded me of when i was a kid and my best friend's name was jess(ica). once i pieced that together i realized i'd read that book! the details were completely fuzzy, but i knew how it ended. it's amazed me that i didn't remember reading it, that makes me wonder what else i've forgotten. since starting pspd i've enjoyed having my life archived online (although, most of the significant details are usually omitted). i've often wondered about "someday" when i no longer have a blog. i'm sure that day will come eventually. i wonder when it'll be. i think of myself as an old lady reflecting on this period in my life, i know i'll remember it as a special time.
i think things are going to be ok now. i've called in the big guns, and he's going to take care of it.
i've decided that i can't buy any books until september. i'm going to be feeling the pinch of purchasing a new car for a couple months, so i just can't justify buying books. i decided i'd just have to go to the library – since everyone goes on about how great the library is. when i got there today after work i thought "hm, this is really neat! i could get used to this. it's nice". i was there merely minutes (i was still walking around looking for a computer that was on) when they announced that the library was closing in 5 minutes. hmph. since i didn't have time to lose i went and asked at the desk about the two books i wanted to sign out. the first book wasn't in, and the second one was nowhere to be found. argh! libraries suck. i like them in theory, but my love ends there.
stunts and five-year plans won't really take you far.
2 comments:
I remember reading bridge to terebithia when I was a kid and being quite traumatized. I couldn't watch the movie because I'm not sure if I've grown up yet...
I worked in Libraries starting when I was 15 so I do love 'em. We have way too many books, so if we have anything you are interested in, you are welcome to borrow them. If it has anything to do with Physics, I'm sure we have it:)
i know what you mean.
i can understand when people spell my name incorrectly because they simply don't know... but if it's in the bottom an email, i really don't think there's any excuse.
Post a Comment