yesterday I had my first occurrence of sore and swollen pregnancy feet. I had it pretty bad with eamon, but it only really started around 36 weeks, and it was summer. I'm 23 weeks, and it's only may, so it feels early for that. but my midwife told me i'll have more of everything this time. that said, things are moving along quite quickly. next month i'll start my third trimester. maybe things will slow down again then, and i'll feel like everything uncomfortable is lasting a long time.
I've discovered recently that I've had some real heart-healing about my c-section with eamon. maybe its the hope that this time will go differently (in a good way). or maybe it's just that it feels like that experience is behind me and I've moved on to another chapter. regardless, it's nice to be able to think of his birth and not feel emotional about it.
in a way, his birth is pretty representative of life. not really what I had in mind, but still resulting in a love that fruitful and enriching.
probably one of the main differences about this pregnancy and my first, was that with eamon I was growing my first baby, but I was also growing into a mama. it was the birth of something new in me, in addition to the birth of a baby. this time, I'm already a mama, so the growth and preparation within me is different.
No comments:
Post a Comment