I don't know if it's because we moved in during the summer, or if it's just because I love summer, but our house is definitely a summer house (or at least until we get our wood stove, maybe then it will be a lovely winter house). in the summer it feels more like a cottage than a year-round residence.
besides the obvious weather issues of winter, I find that our house feels stuffy and I'm breathing in gross stinky air. I also miss being able to sit outside, having the windows open, and hanging the laundry on the line. I feel like the air moves around our house so much better with the windows open (probably because it does!).
I love summer so much. I love the way the curtains sway from the breeze, and the sounds and smells of the outdoors.
we spent a lot of time outside this weekend. our big maple tree out front dropped it's helicopter seeds in our garden, and we spent several hours pulling out all the baby trees. it was a bit of a pain, and we're probably only half done. weeding is my least favourite part of gardening, because it's less of a creative process and more like an menial task. but it does really make a difference. at least we were under our big red maple.
not many neighbours were out gardening this weekend. we find the neighbours on our street to be very mysterious. we're not sure what they do all the day. in general, I'm a funny mix of friendly and reclusive. but when it comes to neighbours, I prefer to be friendly when I see them, so it would be nice to see them more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment