yesterday was eamon's third birthday. for the first time, I told him a condensed version of his birth story, and showed him the scar where he came out. he was very interested, and mentioned to Brendan later that the doctors cut me open. I hope in time, i'll be able to convey that this is not typically how babies are born. I don't want him growing up misinformed about the business-end of the birds and the bees.
we had a lovely gathering of both sides of our family. everyone was gathered in our backyard in lawnchairs and paper plates. it was a really nice evening, and eamon did very well (didn't get too worked up - I've seen my fair share of kids having meltdowns and/or barfing at their own birthday parties).
when he was asking me about his party (not sure how serious the question was, because he asks 'why' about everything), I told him "we're going to celebrate because you being born changed everything", and then I got all teary-eyed while he moved on to other interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment