good things really do happen out of the blue. why hadn't i noticed before?
during yesterday's first storm of the season, i was struck by two thoughts.
one) how lovely winter is. i think i'm appreciating it for the first time as an adult. i was ready for a change, i love summer, but some of its novelty had worn off. just as i love the open, airiness of summer, i love the cozy and consuminness of winter.
two) i marveled our natural-canadian response to the snow. mid-afternoon i draped myself in my coat and went out to the batmobile (to break the ice-seal forming around the doors), and was fascinated by how normal walking out into the snow and cold felt. it's been about 9 months since our last snow fall, yet stepping into that climate was as natural as anything - as though not a day had gone by. it's pretty incredible. we're an interesting breed, a region who experiences two extremes of weather.
won't someone pull the drain on my brain??
so... what are people eating for breakfast these days? i need to change things up a bit. my morning routine is crumbling and i think changing my breakfast routine would help (as it has in the past). what do you eat? i think that would be helpful.
i like my outfit tonight. i've really been enjoying my clothes lately actually. it makes me feel good about myself. lately it's been kind of a back-and-forth issue lately. but instead of believing my feelings i'm choosing to believe my head. or i'm trying to.
aww, my kitties are just so darn cute!
i have a zit inside my ear. it hurts.
we were never invisible but that i guess we could not see.
ADDENDUM
i just watched the science of sleep. fantastic! i laughed so hard that my mouth did all sorts of crazy things at once.
7 comments:
I remember our last snow fall well. It was the day before August was born. He seemed to bring with him the spring weather.
I eat sunflower seed butter and honey sandwiches for breakfast most mornings. Some days I just have a piece of fruit if I sleep in later than usual. The girls have cereal.
dang. i had a nice comment, but then my internet farted and i lost it.
i usually either have cereal or toast with butter and jam. but lately i've been burning the candle at both ends, so i've been having a granola bar and a cup of coffee in the staff room before class.
this morning i had a slice of spiced carrot-zucchini loaf that i made yesterday... and the kids had mini sweet potatoe pancakes... but most mornings i do kashi cereal or toast with peanut butter. and if i have peanut butter, i must have powdered quik chocolate milk... it's a thing.
oh, and scrambled eggs with cauliflower is very good.... i have been spending much time with my new 'deceptively delicious' cookbook.
Since I was sick in August and the doctor told me yogurt would make by body behave I've been having activia every morning. sometimes I bake muffins if I have time.
I am eating oatmeal as i write this.... and Oakley is feeding himself for the first time!!!
But the family favorite is puffy oven pancakes. Really easy to make, takes half hour to bake (gives me time to have a quick shower and get dressed) then we eat a nice warm and pretty healthy breakfast!
I eat fruit yogurt with musli sprinkled on top. I saw your sister at Bayridge this morning (i ventured to kingston this weekend). She looks really great.
i eat yogurt in the morning, plain yogurt that i spice up with brown sugar and honey, then i put stuff like granola or crumble or like, other types of mixes like that, or flax and linseed and sunflower mix or whatever takes my fancy (aka what ever the grocery store is offering to me)... and sometimes i cut up fruit and put it in there too! i love breakfast!
when i'm hungover though, it's usually eggs and bacon with buttered toast and some sauteed tomatoes and mushrooms. mmm!
Post a Comment