i didn't get out of bed until 1:30 today. ah nice. this is partly because i was up late ringing in the new year, but also because of my middle-of-the-night escapades in the rain.
i just watched supersize me. i'd never seen it before. it was very very good. i really like these new modern documentaries. they're so effective, and i'm thankful for what i learn from them.
i spent the day cleaning my house. gave it a good scrub. it was satisfying.
oh what did i do for new year's eve?? well, i went to rhonda's where we had a mighty-fine potluck with her, isaac and kathryn (who if you don't remember is our friend who moved to dryden last january), then we went down to city hall for the fireworks. did i say we went to city hall? i meant ran to coffee & company because they started when we were only half-way to city hall and we only made it to coffee & company and that's where we gave up. they were nice though. i had a nap when we returned to their place, then at midnight we adorned party hats and drank champagnade. that's no typo. it was peach champagnADE. right on :p
what did YOU do?
i'd say this has been a decent start to 2007.
i hope i keep all my marbles.
i want to wake up and know where i'm going.
say i'm ready. i'm ready.
9 comments:
So would you eat at McD again?
I had forgotten about the fireworks so when they started, I thought it was thunder. Then, no. I thought Toronto was being bombed. Then I realized it was just fireworks.
Air Canada managed to loose all the boys luggage. I hope they find it!
I watched exciting fireworks in Sydney and finally got to talk to Sarah on the phone!
silly aphra, why would toronto get bombed?!?! canada's so neutral we're practically swizterland. besides, i don't think you'd be able to hear that from kingston.
joanna, that sounds lovely. its nice you got to start the year talking to sarah :)
We rang in 2007 with some naked grape red wine, too much Toblerone and some dear, dear friends!! One of my best new year's in a while!!
What kind of marbles are you hoping to keep?? I always had a preference for those cat's eyes marbles...they were pretty!
Speaking of cats...one followed me home from Starbucks yesterday!! Walked right into my house and nearly fell asleep on my bed!! Do you think that could be a premonition for 2007?!?! I hope so...I like cats!!!
G. :)
I had a very quiet new year's eve. Jason and I talked about the last year and the one to come over tea and apple slices, which I dipped in a mixture of baking chocolate, icing sugar & crushed candy canes all melted down and mixed together. Mmmm! We talked about inviting friends over, but after spending a whole week with other people over Christmas, I was ready for some down time.
haha, gen you're so funny. did you keep the cat? watch out! they barf on your bed sometimes. at least fru did the other day.
you're so creative rach. those apples sound good. and it sounds like you had a relaxing start to 2007.
pint of boddington's, shot of goldschlager, pint of boddington's, shot of goldschlager, plastic chapeau with a broken brim reading Bonne Année
bonne année indeed ;)
i would say the new year really began with a gently clanging hangover to match the pretty church bells i heard.
ps your evening sounded lovely.
Unfortunately, NO...the kitty (by the name of Yoshi...so cute!!) did not stay. In fact, he came with tags that had an adress so, I march him down to his rightful owners. And much to my surprise, they didn't seem to care at all that their feline became a refuge at our place!! In light of that...next time, I just might let Yoshi stay!!
some people are weird. why would they put a tag on their cat if they don't care. hmph.
beck... you had a memorable new year's indeed.
Post a Comment