i want to be in bed in the next 15 possibly 20 minutes. i slept so well last night, aside from a few confused moments waking up not quite knowing where i was or what day of the week it was. i woke up still thinking i was on holiday :( i celebrated when i woke up and thought "what day is this?" because almost EVERY time i think that its a thursday. except for the last couple times and it threw me for a loop. so its good to know all is right in the universe.
i just got home from the lovells. i mooched food off of them. well i had an open invitation so i feel justified. anyway, i had a really great talk with rhonda tonight. we're kind of on the same wave length, in different ways but can really relate to how the other one is feeling. i suppose in a sense we're both starting journeys of discovery. just when i thought i had my interworkings figured out i spring a leak. hm. that's ok. i don't mind being a fixer-upper.
i hate feeling like a cliché, but there's a reason why things happen the way they do. one event begats another. certain things aren't actually "statistics", they're just how things happen.
its amazing how quickly things can change. i guess good things can happen in the blink of an eye too but i just always think only crappy things happen without warning.
i can't complain. actually, i don't want to. this is just a page in one chapter. someone please... flip the page QUICK... haha. just kidding.
phone calls to big sisters make everything ok.
here’s my heart Lord take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.
9 comments:
guess what?
today is friday, soom to be the weekend and....
A NEW DAY!
a wise woman once said... tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. (anne of green gables)
it is good to take the time to figure out stuff in side you. we just need to take the time.
now i'm in the mood for a little anne. ah, reminds me of the days in my rec room on clark crescent.
Ugh... When we were kids, my sister and I used to watch Ann of Green Gables almost every weekend at my grandparents'. It was one of the only movies they owned. I loved it, but my sister had the whole thing memorized and insisted on saying every line along with it. It drove me crazy!
Hope someone turns the page for you soon, Les!
oh my goodness, my sister is the same way! argh!! when we watched my fair lady on christmas she insisted on singing along but she doesn't know the words!! i know every word because i have the sound track so it was especially annoying. its like GET IT RIGHT!!
thanks rach :)
Have I ever mentioned just how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anne of Green Gables?!?! It was my favourite when I was little and I too, had it memorized word for word and my favourite part was when Anne falls off the roof of the school (I'm not sure why though!!).
I believe it goes a little like this..."I was knew of a girl who could walk the ridgepole of a roof. I know that you sure couldn't little miss bookworm!". (and hence the challenge begins!)
Seriously, who uses "bookworm" as an insult?!?!
Anyways, all this to say that if the page can turn for orange haired (and sometimes green!) Anne Shirley, then it will certainly happen for you too (and I'm sure that you won't fall off a roof while doing so!).
TGIF!
Sorry...that should say "I ONCE knew of a girl..."
Silly Gen...it's been awhile!!
Yeah!!!!
Nice to know that there are lots of other Anne fans!
She is a true Kindred Spirit... My favourite part is when Diana is drinking the "Raspberry Cordial" and get drunk. Amusing!
IT'S SO TRUE!!! I WATCHED THE MOVIES AND READ ALL THE BOOKS WHEN I WAS A GIRL-KID. And to this day, I have the ridiculous notion that the man of my dreams vaguely resembles Gilbert Blythe.
We even visited Green Gables when we were in PEI a hundred years ago.
I may be Queen of the Nerds. or should I say, Queen of the Bookworms. ;)
hahaha.
oh ain't it grand to be a girl??!?
Post a Comment