Sunday, April 29, 2007

bullfrog

today i started knitting my sox. it's quite difficult and intricate. i can't twist my hands enough. i'm not convinced that i'm a good knitter, only the people who can't knit are impressed by me. i'm sloppy and don't care about doing things perfectly.

my mind is drawing a blank and i can't recall what i was going to say. it only bothers me because i've been hit by a stun gun and being prepared didn't help the slightest. i made the right decision.

i think it's fair to say that i'm a self-taught thinker. sometimes i feel inferior to the people around me because of my lack of formal education. well like, i went to college and am a "successful" graphic designer, and there's no doubt in my mind that i'm on the right career path. but i sometimes feel frustrated, and not up to par with the intellectuals around me. but i have a good mind, and there's little i can't grasp.

i inwardly feel relieved when i come home to find i have no messages. it means i haven't disappointed anyone. no conflicting schedules.

my mom was very encouraging to me today. i think i'm someone she aspires to be like which is a really assuring concept. it helps counterbalance the onset of pms. at least i'm doing SOMETHING right.

oh, how sadly we mortals are deceived
by our own imagination.

8 comments:

dawna said...

knitting in the round with dpn's is quite tricky at first, but rest assured that your hands will get the hang of it... of course i haven't actually tried sox yet, but i have done mittens and hats.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way (self taught, illusion of inferiority).

You missed a great show last night.

yelsel said...

oh jason, i'm sure i did. i'm sorry i didn't make it, i really wanted too. thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one who feels that way :)

dawna, i'm surprised you haven't made sox before! i'll persevere!

Anonymous said...

I still like your knitting! In fact I just used your water bottle holder (again) this weekend on a mountain climbing trip! :)

yelsel said...

thanks bud! ya, that bottle cozy turned out pretty good :) i'm glad you like it :)

TEAM RICHKA said...

the books!

Rachel said...

I don't even have any college education, Les, so you're ahead of me. I didn't even do my OACs. I was just so anxious to get as far away from school as soon as I could. But I know how you feel. One night at living room someone made a comment about people who don't have an education. I was thinking how that comment might not have been made had the person realized there were "uneducated" people in the group!

yelsel said...

man, i hope it wasn't me that said that! sometimes people don't think.

you're a very wise woman rach.

person can be very intelligent without going to university, there's SO MUCH that can't be taught in school.