so far my bird feeder isn't much of a hit with the birds. i'm hoping it will catch on, maybe it's still a little early.
my bum is a little sore from riding my bike. maybe i'm out of shape, but i definitely feel the burn when i bike up hill. my body just has to get used to it, break out of it's winter hibernation.
this afternoon i spontaneously stopped by the erb's to meet august. he's a lovely baby, and i'm really not just saying that! not every baby is cute, but he definitely is. i appreciate that rachel didn't offer to let me hold him. i like babies, but i prefer just looking. i'm not the kind of person always wants to hold them, when my niece & nephew were born i was shocked by the number of strangers who would come up to joy and ask to hold them. that seemed so nervy!
tonight was the last night of living room for the season. next week we're having a movie night, but that doesn't really count as a normal living room event. it's funny when you're right at the end of something, and you know it's over, yet it doesn't feel part of the past because it's still so fresh. it's been a good experience and once again i enjoyed it. it was more work than last year, and coincided with some trying times for me, but it was really great. the people were great and i learned a lot both from the study and from the people who came. as i look back on this year, it required more of me than i thought i was capable of. and it just reminds me that we often don't know what we're good at until we try. i have new challenges ahead of me, things that both make me nervous and excite me. i breathe deep.
even if we knew which way to head,
still we probably wouldn't go.
9 comments:
I'm starting back on the bike tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me of the pain I'll be in. I don't think it's from being out of shape, though, just using different muscles.
Sometimes bird feeders take a while to catch on. They're more popular in the winter, obviously. When you've got a 'regular' group they'll always come back. Do you know that if there is a tree that birds have to fly around and you cut the tree down, they'll still fly around where the tree used to be even though it's not there? Good memories. Not always helpful memories, but good.
hm, you have a good point there. two good points actually (muscles & winter). i hadn't thought of that.
good luck on the bike tomorrow. you'll be fine... just like riding a bike :)
yep, i agree bird feeders sometimes take a bit to catch on... i hung two last year in kingston (asked the guy at the pet store for advice) and had gold finches coming before i left... i hope they're not still looking for food at my house! the birds and squirrels have caught on here already, but no finches yet...
I say a bird for the first time today... and I have had it up for a couple of months!
If you hang it.... they will come!
i like that you asked the guy at the pet store. that's awesome!
hahaha. bird feeder of dreams?
oh yes, and he was an amazingly informative man... the pet store next to kelsey's on princess... went there all the time for nectar's food and litter but can't for the life me remember the name of it!
pet value! i go there too!
Thanks for stopping by on Sunday. I'm glad you were ok with me not offering the baby. I didn't really think about it, but now that you mention it, I don't think I've offered him to someone else even once since he's been born. This is the first time I've felt that I'd rather hold my baby than do anything else and I'm so enjoying him that I never even think of handing him off. I was much quicker to give the girls to other people. I'm having such a different experience of newbornhood this time.
i'm so glad you're having such a good experience :) no, i wasn't offended at all. if you HAD offered, i would have only held him out of obligation. that sounds terrible, but i'm just not much of a baby holder. i'll coo at him all day while YOU hold him though.
Post a Comment