i feel like my subliminal messages are lost on a world that's ignoring me.
sometimes it feels like the powers that be are stacking the cards against me. i'm constantly taunted. constantly teased. you'd think i'd be getting used to it by now, but no. i think it's worse each time, because i tend to think that ONE of these days my ship is going to come in. and with every new horizon i'm wonder if this is the last. it never is.
i dream of stuffing my ears with mini marshmallows and running far far away. i'm jaded from hearing the same thing rehashed over and over. i've heard it all so many times before that it feels like the words are slowly crushing me. it's making me claustrophobic. i know they mean well, but i just can't take it anymore.
i think my ipod may have arrived today. i discovered a fedex card in my stack of mail, but it was too late to run up division street to retrieve my package. i didn't notice it earlier because i got a postcard from my mom and an amusing envelop from mr al. so maybe tomorrow!! yay!
maybe i would have been something you'd be good at,
maybe you would have been something i'd be good at,
but now we'll never know.
2 comments:
Hey,
For my birthday my friend gave me a CD and if I identify all the songs and artists on it by the end of the week I win a prize. I want the prize. So if you know the name and artist (or either or) who sings the lyrics "No matter what I do for you it's never really enough. And I hope you can see past the troubles that we've had..." I would really appreciate it if you posted it or comment on it on your blog. Thanks :)
it's "ballad of the lonely construction worker" by cuff the duke.
good luck with the prize!!
Post a Comment