question....
my mom thinks my boyfriend should be my first priority over my friends. i don't agree with her, at least not at this stage in the relationship. i don't always trust my mom's perspective on these things, so i was wondering if you could give me your input. what do you think????
my mom thinks my boyfriend should be my first priority over my friends. i don't agree with her, at least not at this stage in the relationship. i don't always trust my mom's perspective on these things, so i was wondering if you could give me your input. what do you think????
can't be friends and lovers be separate priorities??
5 comments:
Absolutely. Truth is that life is rarely as simple as just setting priorities. For example, though your boyfriend may be a higher priority, you might still choose to go out for an evening with a friend instead of your boyfriend because you know you need a break from the boyfriend. Carolyn is the highest human priority in my life. But there are still times when I'd choose to spend time with a friend (if I had any), instead of being with Carolyn. And she'd be okay with that, too! I guess it depends on what your mom means when she says that your boyfriend should be a higher priority.
I think women need their girlfriends, always. While we might have a priority ranking for things and people, two is not enough. Having said that, I am relieved and do sincerely believe that my girlfriends understand and even support me if I occasionally bail on girls' night for some guy who might turn out to suit me very well indeed.
i would challenge the framing of this either/or question. the priority is living a life of balance and wellness. at the core of that is self care and self health. whatever balance brings you to that end - between work life, life alone, life with particular people, life active, life quiet and reflective - is the priority.
This would be a hard question for me to answer because my husband is my very best friend and at this stage, my marriage is certainly my highest priority in terms of a relationship.
That being said though, it's always been very important to me that we both make room in our life for our friends
I like how Bren put it. Balance is key.
Why do you need to prioritize it? Do what you feel is right for you in all your relationships. You know what you want from this boyfriend relationship and from your other relationships too. And talk about it with them too and they'll let you know if they feel snubbed or not.
from the response to your Facebook change though I think people are pretty excited for you to have a boyfriend so yeah do what feel good to your heart to do.
Post a Comment