I've been working hard and intentionally on managing my weight during this pregnancy, and so far, I'm pretty much on track with the recommended amount - gaining 6 pounds over 19 weeks. our midwife susan gave me some simple recommendations yesterday that I will give a try. she said a lot of women think they're eating healthy, but are taking in a lot of sugar via fruit, juice and white food (like rice, pasta and bread). so we're going to switch to brown bread and pasta (which I have done before, but had kind of gotten out of the habit of), but b said no to brown rice, and I think that's a fine compromise. I do prefer white rice myself.
so today I looked up a bunch of easy healthy snacks to bring to work instead of fruit, and will attempt to pre-prep snacks to be available for easy grabs. I think this will be a good practice to get into for when eamon is bigger and starts getting his own snacks (although, he already helps himself to yogurt and crackers when he's hungry).
all that said... in light of some semi-depressing news at work today, I kind of want to go out and feast on useless and regretful candy. but I know that wouldn't help anything. I learned today that after 6+ years, emma will no longer be my boss starting in may at some point. I'm finding myself in the scenario I did not want - my least preferred option - and wondering why the heck things are unfolding this way. I guess i'll just have to do my best at making the best of the situation despite disappointments.
No comments:
Post a Comment