Wednesday, March 15, 2006

empire

~ dedicated in loving memory of irina's hair ~

i've come to a conclusion... if i don't have the balls to say something in person or even on the phone to someone i SHOULD NOT tell them in an email. the internet give false security, it gives you courage because you're hiding behind your computer. i'm going to force myself to live by this policy because its a rule there to protect myself and others.

i was reading rachel's blog yesterday, her entry was about how she owns way too many clothes. then when i was putting away my laundry i was having a really, really hard time closing my dresser drawers. i don't wear half the stuff because they don't fit me anymore. you may have noticed that i go to the Y a lot. i go three times a week to be exact. well the truth is... (argh, this is embarrassing for me) i've lost easily 50 pounds with no exaggeration. its only embarrassing because most of you have only known me within the last year, so don't realize that when i was 23 i gained a lot of weight, and then took 2 years to lose it. i'm now at my normal size, i'm actually fitting into jeans i haven't woren since i was 20. i'm my college weight!! its embarrassing because people at work are ALWAYS commenting on it like its some kind of miracle, but that's because they don't realize this is my normal size and i'm not usually overweight. argh, you can tell this is a sensitive issue for me because i've had my blog since october and this is the first time this has come up. i've found though, i really like being active, riding my bike, walking, going to the gym. i'm starting to get mega ripped, its awesome!! it feels great, and i'm much more confident. so i've concluded that i'm going to go thru all my clothes before i move because that's one less thing to move. ironically, the diabetes foundation just called and said they're doing a pick up next thursday and do we have anything to donate. so i'll do that this week and wash everything i don't wear and let them have it.

the joy of repetition really is in me.

7 comments:

dawna said...

i love the diabetes people for that! i try to give them something every time they call. and they always seem to call at exactly the right time.

i love moving, too, because it's such a great time to purge myself of the superfluous things i tend to acquire over time. i just did a purge before maya was born (major nesting period for me); it's only been 4 months (eek!) and already i feel it's time for another purge. plus moving, especially if it's a big move, is a good time to re-create yourself... you can start fresh since no one really knows who you are yet.

i like being active too. i'm glad spring is arriving, because my favorite exercise is walking, out-of-doors, of course... i can enjoy the exercise, the fresh air, and the beauty of nature all at the same time!

good for you, les... it's no easy task to loose weight. i'm proud of you for it.

yelsel said...

awww, thanks dawna!! i really like your comment today, its very "i like this" "i love that" its so possitive!

i know what you mean, i get antsy for a change sometimes. this is gonna be fun!

i've missed your comments.

doseger said...

i will take all of your use Les clothes. of course my cause is more of the deodorant kingdom dealio.
I also have a hunch...birds dont't worry too much about them but others may...what am i trying to say this makes no sense...i will take your clothes as we may need them at the polish hole.

yelsel said...

ah crap! i already told diabetes that they could pick them up! well i could just give them some and give you most. that'll work.

Rachel said...

Well, ya know, I actually wear all my clothes. I'm pretty good about getting rid of the ones I don't. I'm going to confess something that I don't think I've ever told anyone before. I have this sort of rotation system for my whole wardrobe. It ensures that I wear stuff more or less evenly, don't get stuck in a rut and when stuff comes up in the rotation that I don't feel like wearing, I get rid of it right away. I have it set up so that I can still be creative with my outfits.

So how is that for anal? I even do it with my socks and underwear. I'm really quite a geek!

yelsel said...

that is the most fascinating thing i've ever heard!! wow, that's really incredible! i wish i could be that organized.

dawna said...

i'm fascinated too and want to hear more about rachel's system. les, it's good to hear that i've been missed. i agree that my post was very positive, i'm not sure what that was all about. for the record, i'm not always so positive, just have the regular ups and downs like everyone else.