Saturday, November 15, 2008

itchy

i'm intrigued by the things that people write on bathroom walls. especially at the goat. it's unbelievable how vulnerable people allow themselves to be. i wonder what possesses them to write such things, if it's because they don't have anyone else to turn to. that's sad. part of me wants to write something, but i haven't anything i want to say. besides that, some of the responses are so cruel.

i was told by someone today that she thinks the new bond looks like putin. interesting. i can kind of see the resemblance. i wondered what beck would say to that.

my new painting isn't coming along as nicely as i had hoped. i feel as though it should look way better. i'm hoping it looks kind of crappy because it's still just in an early stage. i'm crossing my fingers.

i enjoyed having kate stay with me for a couple nights. i liked just sitting around with her in the living room last night before bed, talking about random things.

i can't define this feeling i have. i have a feeling... that's all i know. i don't think it's a premonition, it feels more like an instinct or a gut feeling. i don't know why, but i'm compelled to just go with it. i hope it doesn't turn out badly. sometimes it's hard to discern between wishful thinking and divine inspiration.

it's just you and me and the rain.

4 comments:

devious said...

i think beck would say that they do have similarities... Putin is quite the powerful figure, even at his age. However, if he turned up in my sleeping bag, it's unlikely I would let him stay. The new Bond, however.... :D

daveandesther said...

Were you at the goat today? I thought I saw you, but wasn't sure, and you were so in to your book, I didn't want to interrupt :) Looks like a good one!

yelsel said...

haha. putin in a sleeping bag...

i WAS a the goat today. i'm reading "self". it's rachel erb's favourite book. what were you up to in town today?

daveandesther said...

I was sharing at Bethel this morning - trying to recruit teachers for our school! Then I had a serious craving for a Sweet Potato Quesadilla! I love those things!