Friday, November 21, 2008

particularly

i've been trying to work up my courage to use the sauna at the Y. i just wanted to try it. i've been in a sauna before when i was younger, and always in a swimming suit. but i wanted to go the whole nine yards, i figured it would be relaxing. after my workout, i decided i would give it a go, but when i peeked in the window i saw a naked older woman and got weirded out. instead i got in the shower, then to myself "lesley... you've taken life drawing classes. since when are you weirded out by other people's naked bodies". minutes later i heard her exit, so i took the opportunity to enter. i lied on the top bench in my birthday suit and absorbed the heat like it came from the sun. it made me feel as though i was on beckie's dock again from this summer (warm and comfortable). the little cedar room was 72ยบ C, it warmed me all the way thru. i think i'm going to use the sauna frequently, it will be a nice counter-winter activity – producing a similar effect as a tanning bed minus the cancer.

i had some coke-zero at rhonda's tonight and i'm totally wired. it really is 4 am, but it's technically saturday morning. i'll still mark this as friday because it's my friday entry. don't ever take my post times too literary. the time is usually exact, but depending if it's after mid-night or not usually affects what day i label it.

maybe i will never be
all the things that i want to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 hours after you went to bed, I was awake.

Gen said...

note of caution...

One time, I was in a sauna and was wearing my necklace with my gold cross. I had been sitting in the sauna and sort of leaning forward (in which case my necklace was dangling instead of lying flat against my skin). About ten minutes later, right as I was about to leave, I sat back against the wall and felt this horrible burn on my neck. Apparently, my cross had gotten so hot from the heat of the sauna that it actually burned the skin on my neck a bit.

I remember going out to a bar that night with some friends and getting some pretty "intriguing" looks from various guys. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I realized that although I had taken my necklace off, I hadn't noticed the tiny red cross that had been "burned" into my neck that was clearly visible by the v-neck shirt I had been wearing all night!!!!

It went away in a day or two but, it was kind of kinky while it lasted!!!