it struck such a cord with me that i was overwhelmed and shocked. i sat down on my bed choking on my tears, gasping for breath. there are things that happened. things that happened when i was 15. i remember praying that i would forget. and i did. it's been 14 years and i've thought of those things very little. that person rarely came to the forefront of my mind. until tonight when i got home to discover a facebook message from my long forgotten past. i was afraid. but what i read swelled my heart, and i wept uncontrollably with joy. with my faith growing in leaps and bounds in a few short seconds, i knew i had to tell someone. it had to be someone who would understand. i called my mom. she'd been there too. she'd felt all my fears, she'd felt her own. when i first told her about the email she recoiled in caution just as i had. but i read her the message and she too was amazed. i am healed beyond healing. i am mended beyond mending, in ways i never expected.
i know that he is able.
that he is faithful.
please forgive my alzheimer's.
sometimes i feel like someone stuck in quick-sand, and the more i struggle to get out the worse my predicament gets. but not right now.
when your back's against the wall
just turn around, you will see.
i will catch you, i will catch your fall
just have a little faith in me.
6 comments:
I'm happy for you...whatever it is...
Hmm...when did I meet you? 15 or 16? You have my mind spinning...
thanks gen.
16. you know, maybe not all the details, but i'm certain that you do. you even met the person once when you came to school with me ;) i got your card last week or the week before. i posted the photo on my fridge :) now i get to see you every day when i fix my cereal.
I am very happy for you and said person. Thank you, too, for the encouraging email. I need to hear stuff like that more often.
Have I told you lately how much I miss you? Things aren't the greatest on this end...
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......
Post a Comment